• 13(current)
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)
"~/AEBS"

just symlink. I'd advise this anyway. It serves as an intermediate
Is the CPU throttling included in this release? Is it necessary?
You're pretty darn funny. Yes, I wrote "~/AEBS". The irony is I'm quite fond of telling the people that work for/with me that 'words mean things'. Shame on me.

Symlink it, aye aye.
Grenti Wrote:Is the CPU throttling included in this release? Is it necessary?

Not necessary unless you want to create the dichotomy of UI repsonsiveness versus heat output

thermobaric Wrote:You're pretty darn funny. Yes, I wrote "~/AEBS". The irony is I'm quite fond of telling the people that work for/with me that 'words mean things'. Shame on me.

Symlink it, aye aye.

Any luck then Smile

(And yes - I know ~/AEBS is an abreviation of previous directories. I'm just saying that if you symlink you might have more luck)
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:Any luck then Smile

I'll have to wait until I have more play time at home. I find this post interesting and worthy of further exploration as well. Seems like it might explain why all seems well via terminal, but XBMC won't play ball. I'd progress faster if the ATV wasn't the kid's favorite thing in the house!
but even there the solution is to symlink
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:I see what he means about Last Position now. It works fine for me -- linked to a mysql db though (able to resume from any point)

I just installed mysql on my NAS and recreated a fresh library on it for XBMC and resume from last position is not working with my mysql...

Could it be a write permission issue..? My media is on a SMB share that I can read and write to from XBMC.

Thanks for your time.
Not going to be a write permission problem. The lastpos is stored in the MySQL DB. Therefore the problem is not FS based.
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:a) Doesn't play well is in no way specific. What are bitrates, profile levels etc (mediainfo output), XBMC.log output. Drivers don't need to be upgraded, the stable ones are automatically fetched and compiled for you.
b) Never tried USB sound. You could get a USB sound card and try set it up in Ubuntu but its not going to be a clear cut simple install.

Hi again Sam!

For your info...
a) forget it...it was a HD related issue. I had the movies in a SMB share and the HD was going nuts (!!!). I got it fixed and the HD movies looks fine. Sorry for the "alarm"

b) I'll give a try

Thanks x 100000
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:but even there the solution is to symlink

well, one of the solutions is to symlink. Tried it, it didn't work. Oddly, as soon as I mount / link the share, it disappears from xbmc. As soon as I unmount it, xbmc sees the target. I have bigger issues however. I too now have the dreaded pink screen of death. just as soon as [ 47.720151] nvidia: module license 'NVIDIA' taints kernel. comes rolling across the screen, I get the PSOD. *sigh*.

http://pastebin.com/7bdE7aJJ
I get pink screen at startup and it disappears once the nvidia driver module initalises. If it does not for you then there are two possible solutions:

1. Boot into frontrow OS and change the display settings - you get this error because framebuffer can see (but not change) video settings
2. Unmute all channels in alsamixer and save with alsactl store 0
Sam.Nazarko Wrote:I get pink screen at startup and it disappears once the nvidia driver module initalises. If it does not for you then there are two possible solutions:

1. Boot into frontrow OS and change the display settings - you get this error because framebuffer can see (but not change) video settings
2. Unmute all channels in alsamixer and save with alsactl store 0

Thanks I'll give that a whirl. Originally it did the black/pink/black thing, but now just black/pink. Perhaps a higher power is trying to to tell me I should look at the world through rose colored glasses.
How can I get automounting nfs shares working? I found this for XBMC Live:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=597...stcount=15

Installing nfs-common worked fine. Manual mounting of nfs shares, too. But automounting at ATV start - no. My rc.local:

Code:
cd /home/atv/scripts
./getfile.sh
xinit /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
clear
mount -t nfs 192.168.5.20:/Filme /media/Filme
sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.5.20:/Serien /media/Serien
sleep 5
exit 0
Hi Sam,

I'm trying to use your windows installer. However, it is not able to find the internal hard disk. If I plug a USB drive, it works perfectly.

Is there anything special required to be able to use an internal hard disk ?

Thanks for the good work !
newsilentsilver Wrote:How can I get automounting nfs shares working? I found this for XBMC Live:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=597...stcount=15

Installing nfs-common worked fine. Manual mounting of nfs shares, too. But automounting at ATV start - no. My rc.local:

Code:
cd /home/atv/scripts
./getfile.sh
xinit /usr/bin/xbmc --standalone
clear
mount -t nfs 192.168.5.20:/Filme /media/Filme
sudo mount -t nfs 192.168.5.20:/Serien /media/Serien
sleep 5
exit 0

/etc/fstab

Delivereath Wrote:Hi Sam,

I'm trying to use your windows installer. However, it is not able to find the internal hard disk. If I plug a USB drive, it works perfectly.

Is there anything special required to be able to use an internal hard disk ?

Thanks for the good work !

That's not how the installer works. For internal hard drive installs, you use a USB drive, which when inserted into the Apple TV then installs it to the internal drive
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)1