• 33(current)
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)
Hudson_Hawk04 Wrote:it is possible that the atv does not like the thumb drive you are using....

It's the same 8GB cruzer thumb drive I used to install pin's image initially, so it definitely should work.

Edit: Occam's Razor strikes again! I used the GUI tool on another, identical cruzer USB and it's working. Looking forward to having the updated Crystalbuntu up and running later this evening.
pumkinut Wrote:Just updated, got a little worried at first. After the update scripts completed, I was greeted with a black screen and my TV reporting an unusable signal. Another reboot via SSH seems to have fixed things.

Same thing happened to me on both May and June updates. Also, June update wiped out my NFS shares (fstab). No big deal to fix, but worth mentioning.
OmegaRed1723 Wrote:It's the same 8GB cruzer thumb drive I used to install pin's image initially, so it definitely should work.

Edit: Occam's Razor strikes again! I used the GUI tool on another, identical cruzer USB and it's working. Looking forward to having the updated Crystalbuntu up and running later this evening.
USB thumbdrives, like any storage media, can go up at any time and without warning.

I've gone through several 4GB and one 8GB thumbdrives over the past couple of years using them for XBMC Live.
Question 
Sam,

is it possible to reinstall your first release, it seems like the past two updates are causing a failure in the Icefilms plugin (the main reason of me using xbmc).

Thanks,

Ronald
pumkinut Wrote:Just updated, got a little worried at first. After the update scripts completed, I was greeted with a black screen and my TV reporting an unusable signal. Another reboot via SSH seems to have fixed things.

I had the same issue with the May update. Also, it happened a few times thereafter again and overall stability appears worse. Is the original built (the 1st with auto-install on HD) still around somewhere? Would love to go back to this version.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
I have done the installed from thread, excellent job!
I have also fitted the crystalHD so will be playing tonight Big Grin

Are you able to use the rest of the drive to store movies on?

It would be great if I was able to access a part of the appletv internal drive via SMB to simply drag a few movies on when I taking the unit to different places etc.

is this possible?

Thanks all Smile
Have anyone an idea how to tell Crystalubuntu to automount NTFS drives with utf-8 as standard?
newsilentsilver Wrote:Have anyone an idea how to tell Crystalubuntu to automount NTFS drives with utf-8 as standard?

Try something like this in /etc/fstab
Code:
host:/nfs/path     /mountpoint     nfs     option,option,option,option 0 0

I use something like the following
Code:
tombstone:/storage /storage nfs tcp,soft 0 0

I do not know the option for utf8 with NFS, however. The options are equivalent to the options found in "mount -o".
Uhh, NFS != NTFS
ronald5 Wrote:Sam,

is it possible to reinstall your first release, it seems like the past two updates are causing a failure in the Icefilms plugin (the main reason of me using xbmc).

Thanks,

Ronald

power off your atv for a few seconds then power on, several updates have been pushed.
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
Is it possible to get the AppleTV to output HDMI and Component at the same time?
If so how is this done?
Anyone else tried an HD MPEG2 TS file? I went to play a downloaded 720p TS recording of Coachella, and it was dropping frames like crazy. It plays fine on my PC, and the audio was fine. When I brought up the codec screen, the Crystal HD card looked to be in use, but just unable to keep up.
This is the first time using any linux stuff...

Installed the distribution to the internal harddrive.
This thread mentions different options, where to put the advancedsettings.xml.

i created the file in /usr/local/share/xbmc/userdata but nothing happens.
Is this the correct location?

Quote:<advancedsettings>
<videodatabase>
<type>mysql</type>
<host>10.0.1.11</host>
<port>3306</port>
<user>xbmc</user>
<pass>xbmc</pass>
<name>xbmc_video</name>
</videodatabase>

<useddsfanart>true</useddsfanart>

</advancedsettings>

Same here. After creating the Cruzer USB stick with image and booting and installing the ATV with the stick I have to power down the ATV when finished installing. After turning on the ATV and waiting its boot to complete, a black screen appears with unusable input tv signal, just when XBMC starting is expected. Network connection also dies at that moment, so SSH is not possible then anymore.

Is it possible to create the USB stick with an older image?
ATV not working does not please wife & kids.. :-(
thermobaric Wrote:Right. I mount afpserver/Hellfire to ~/AEBS using afp. All works well in bash, but when I try to add a video source in xbmc, it does not see the AEBS directory at all. It sees the scripts folder just fine though. That's why i posted the long listing of ~ earlier in case my permissions were wrong.

did anyone solve this?

I have an afp drive mounted in the atv home directory (no symlinks). via ssh i can browse this directory fine, permissions look ok.

the directory is not visible in XBMC.
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] CrystalHD Linux distributions for Apple TV with UI installer (Win, Linux)1