subtitle
it will be nice when you press play to be announced on screen wich subtitle is loaded or "subtitle not found...search for subtitle??" ..it will be nice

i have a lots of movie but i dont know wich movies are with subtitle or not...i must skip forward to see and than backwards.....

sry for my english....
soHuh

no one likes my ideea?Oo
Sounds like this might be better suited as a plugin.

If the main purpose is to just find which movies are missing subtitles then perhaps it would be better to allow the plugin or functionality to scrape your library to check for movies that are missing subtitles and then present you with a list to add subtitles to each of those movies. Doing it completely automatic would be nice but from my experience with the existing subtitle plugin you really have to pick the right subtitle and sometimes adjust the offset to get it right.

You'd also want some sort of configuration to allow you to specify which language subtitles you want and exclusion or inclusion of subtitles based on the language of the movies. E.g. you might not want to download subtitles for all movies that are in English.

Where it gets tricky however is when some movies are mostly in English then parts in a foreign language. E.g. Elvish in Lord of the Rings.
sry for my english...

i meant not for entire library....its tricky i know...

only when you press "play" it will be nice to appears somehow in corner "loaded ..... subtitle" or " subtitle not found...search subtitle yes/noHuh "

it will be nice....thx

xbmc great piece of software...i love it
Nice idea and I understand what you are saying so your English is just fine.

When u start a movie a simple OSD text message showing for example: Avatar (subtitle loaded). Meaning there is an external subtitle file and u don't have to skip ahead to some dialog to find out.

If u didn't know u can also activate the OSD and go to Audio and Subtitle Settings to see if there is a subtitle.

This "info" can simply be shown in a skin too. Maybe there are already some that display this, either when you are browsing movies or in a separate info screen.
"When u start a movie a simple OSD text message showing for example: Avatar (subtitle loaded). Meaning there is an external subtitle file and u don't have to skip ahead to some dialog to find out."

thats right...it will be nice..thats the thing that i want...and if no subtitle is found a simple question to appear "Subtitle not found....search for subtitle? yes/no"

it will be much easier to know if you have a subtitle rather to go in "audio settings" to see if a subtitle is loaded.

thx for listening...
can't You just toggle subtitles to find out if You have subtitles? I would be more than annoyed if such dialog would pop up every time I start video
Seems more suitable as a media flag
sialivi Wrote:seems more suitable as a media flag

or in the info screen during playing the film somewhere in the corner to appear "english subtitle loaded"...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
subtitle0