Backgrounds and default thumbs gone after reinstalled
I had to rescan my library today and as such decided to wipe the slate clean and delete my Thumbnails folder at the same time.

After the re-scan, I decided to delete the skin.neon directory and clone from git to reinstall Neon. As it turns out the background were completely gone. Although not a big deal, as I was able to download the zip file and manually associate the jpgs with views, the UP Arrow thumbs (move back one step) are gone as well - in all the views (tv, movies, music, etc). In some cases as inposter view, the poster is completely white or transparent in others.

Is there some way to get the default thumbnails back? Thanks.
joelones Wrote:I had to rescan my library today and as such decided to wipe the slate clean and delete my Thumbnails folder at the same time.

After the re-scan, I decided to delete the skin.neon directory and clone from git to reinstall Neon. As it turns out the background were completely gone. Although not a big deal, as I was able to download the zip file and manually associate the jpgs with views, the UP Arrow thumbs (move back one step) are gone as well - in all the views (tv, movies, music, etc). In some cases as inposter view, the poster is completely white or transparent in others.

Is there some way to get the default thumbnails back? Thanks.

I'd try re-cloning - there's no reason a clone would not grab all of the images. If you download the full skin in a zip are they missing there as well?
-stoli-
I downloaded neon from the passion repo on my mac running xbmc and had no issues with the backgrouds.

On my linux clients however, where I clone from git, and after deleting .xbmc/userdata/Thumbnails, I do not see the backgrounds in neon.

Are the backgrounds stored as thumbs in the thumbnail cache?
Yeah, they do get cached there - I'm guessing when xbmc does its cache update (every 24hrs?) they will come back. I'll move them out of the media folder and that should keep them from being cached.

EDIT: I've moved the backgrounds outside of the /media folder so they will no longer be cached. GitHub updated.
-stoli-
Thanks stoli.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Backgrounds and default thumbs gone after reinstalled0