Is there any way to use Wimp.no on XBMC?
Here is your final answer:
Quote:Vi kunne i utgangspunktet godt tenke oss å få utviklet WiMP for XBMC, men vi ville i så fall ønsket å styre prosessen rundt utviklingen av det selv, slik at vi får det brukergrensesnittet og designet vi selv ønsker. I tillegg kan vi ikke uten videre si ja til at dette spres som open-source. Vi måtte med andre ord i så fall tatt det videre som en tilbudsprosess, dersom dere skulle ønske det.

Mvh,
Kristin

Kristin Castillo Eldnes
Head of communication and PR
Mobile +47 908 07 389
[email protected]

Whatever the support staff and others said on twitter, it's wrong. They do not have an open api.
The api is closed and for professional business partners only, so I have no idea why they keep telling people publicly they have an api. This and no open source means wimp will never be available in xbmc. Better switch to spotify or rdio if you really want a streaming service in xbmc.
Og i svaret forklarte du at det dermed blir Spotify istedet?
(2012-12-18, 14:22)Thklinge Wrote: Og i svaret forklarte du at det dermed blir Spotify istedet?

Ja, men det brydde de seg tydeligvis ikke om.
What did you call me?
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-18, 22:30)Memphiz Wrote: What did you call me?

Yeah you heard him :}
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Hi all. I'm new on this forum and this is my first post. Just wanted to bump this thread to see if there's any news concerning integrating Wimp Hifi into xbmc? Would be awesome to play lossless.
I'm using it over Sonos today and the sound is fantastic.
You can use this API https://github.com/oleander/wimp-rb
It contains thrift code, which can be used to generate Python code.
(2014-03-20, 11:13)oleander Wrote: You can use this API https://github.com/oleander/wimp-rb

That's a great start. Where did you get the spec? From inspecting clients?
I could help, but unfortunately I only have basic account (no mobile access). Wondering if changing client id will let me login.
(2014-03-20, 20:37)takoi Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 11:13)oleander Wrote: You can use this API https://github.com/oleander/wimp-rb

I could help, but unfortunately I only have basic account (no mobile access). Wondering if changing client id will let me login.

Yes, from the Android client. Just create a new account. You get 3 months for free.
(2014-03-21, 23:25)oleander Wrote:
(2014-03-20, 20:37)takoi Wrote:

Yes, from the Android client. Just create a new account. You get 3 months for free.
Yeah, I just realized the credentials in the repo are valid. However, in the long run I need to be able to use my own account. I don't really intend to exploit, but legitimately use it. Afaik the desktop client use the same api so I'm assuming the login parameters is what controls this. Client ID doesn't seem to actually do anything, which leaves client name.
Edit: nvm, it isn't. Found the correct name, but it wont let me log in with either. desktop client is completely different. Looks like a dead end.
I just want to bump this thread and see if there is any progress on this.

I'm sadly not a developer so I can not assist but I can be a Beta tester for anyone who needs one.
(2014-06-01, 01:20)MrAsker Wrote: I just want to bump this thread and see if there is any progress on this.

I'm sadly not a developer so I can not assist but I can be a Beta tester for anyone who needs one.
While i haven't started work on an XBMC plugin (my python skills are non-existent), i have managed to figure out how their new web player is working (play.wimpmusic.com).

For any interested developers, you can have at look at my unofficial WiMP library for node.js:
https://github.com/datagutt/WiMP-api
Finally web-player. Works for basic accounts so I'm on it.
Ok, here's a first proof of concept. Functionality is limited (you can search for artist and play). Please know that this is using an unofficial API so use at your own risk.
Looks like they now use Wowza Streaming Server version 3 with RTMPT streams for music streaming. After a quick look, i haven't figured out how to play these streams. Maybe @takoi can figure it out.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Is there any way to use Wimp.no on XBMC?0