Getting to Terminal with XBMCFREAK [LIVE]?
I hit ctrl alt f1 , and it does not get to the terminal... I am trying to set up my wireless network and need to get to the terminal. Any help would be appreciated
In reading other threads, I believe this is a known issue.

It's definitely kind of a pain. I had to hook mine up to a wired connection when doing the installation. Then I could use Putty to remote in, and update my /etc/network/interfaces. After that I could disconnect and use Wifi to make any additional modifications.

The alternative, of course, would be to use an older version that doesn't have this issue.
Ahhh damnit, any way to downgrade with out burning an older version to disc?
I can't say definitively, but I don't think so.

Huge pain, right? I hope this gets fixed soon.

FYI, I was going through this process myself, and XBMCFreak 10.08, svn 31440 had the same issue. That's as far back as I went before I just moved my htpc to another room to hook it up to a hardline to get things started.
Ok I got an ethernet cable today but the htpc does not obtain an IP addy and does not connect to the network for some weird reasonHuh Is there anyway to get the htpc to automatically obtain an IP address?
Tbtf Wrote:I hit ctrl alt f1 , and it does not get to the terminal...
It's ctrl+alt+F2
ASrock Ion 330HT - XBMCFreak 10.1 Lucid LiveCD. Everything works but System sounds over HDMI.
It's CRTL+ALT+F2.

It's way comfortable to use SSH. You can copy & paste instructions, for instance. Install openssh-server in the target machine and connect with you favorite SSH tool. Try putty for Windows or terminal ssh command for any Linux distro.

h.udo
f**k..... started editing without sudo | M.K.

Always read the online manual (wiki), FAQ (wiki) and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Team Kodi members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
Please read the pages on troubleshooting (wiki) and bug reporting (wiki) before reporting issues.
'cept if you only have wireless, and your router is in another room... then you can't ssh in because it's not configured for your wireless network and you can't run terminal coz you just get a black screen!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Getting to Terminal with XBMCFREAK [LIVE]?0