• 3(current)
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.
Seems more and more like this is a problem with the way XBMC decodes the video, rather than an intel driver issue.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
The new Intel HD graphics came out today, here is the link....hope it resolves some if not all issues you may have.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/
homewrek Wrote:The new Intel HD graphics came out today, here is the link....hope it resolves some if not all issues you may have.
http://downloads.guru3d.com/

Thanks, I'll give these a try when I get home tonight.
scottbrant.net - Blog
The drivers are the same as the ones Intel put out on their site a few weeks ago, sadly, they do not fix the issue Sad
Tried using the "new" drivers, and there was no change. Still experiencing the macro blocking.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Just finished setting up my mini ITX, i3-2100T HTPC build and I'm having the same macroblocking issue with XBMC. Seems to be XBMC specific as DXVA works perfectly with the latest nightly build of MPC-HC.

Software decoding works fine on MPC-HC, but I'd prefer to use DXVA to keep temps lower inside the case and the HTPC running quieter.
I refresh this thread a few times a day and search the forums daily for "sandy bridge" and load every nightly build of xbmc praying this problem gets solved.

all praise to the devs, but I can't believe how long it's taking when mpc hc is working and it's open source so I dunno why they can't just copy and paste the code Wink

this is my face when I enable dxva2
haha agreed. Just remember that in the scope of things its just tv and you can always shut it off and go for a drive or something lol.

they will fix it eventually, its too popular a platform to go on for too long. Get another tech hobby (I recommend solar power), and by the time it runs its course this will be fixed for you Wink
I ended up putting a GTX 260 graphics card in my sandybridge system for now since this has taken so long.
scottbrant.net - Blog
Hi,

same problem here with DVXA2. I have just build a brand new HTPC to be used with XBMC. I have intel i3 2100T core with intel on board graphics. Any idea about when this problem is going to be fixed?
just a question for folks...shouldnt the i3/i5 be able to handle the video without need for hardware acceleration?
it can, but at the expense of more heat & power, and therefore noise.

Is this issue even being worked on?
New drivers out, unofficial sofar: http://www.station-drivers.com/page/inte...aphics.htm

Edit: Tested, still doesn't work Sad
it works on all other media players which support dxva2. Clearly its a XBMC problem.
Shike Wrote:Got the very same problem with an i3 2100T and dxva2.

The CPU isnt strong enough to run every movie, as soon as the bitrate exceeds 25Mb/s i start dropping frames. CPUutiliziation at around 55-60% and framedropping starts to occurr.

The picture looks very nice other than that though, really hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Could I have missed something somewhere since my CPU cant handle the load?

I have the same build (i3 2100T), latest drivers, same issue, but turning HW acceleration off seems to make everything OK. I tried blu ray rips with highly complex scenes and everything seemed smooth. Are you running other things in the background? And is the framedropping noticeable or are you measuring it somehow?
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.2