• 2(current)
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.
I have the same problem with i3-2100T. DXVA2 is working fine with TMT5, but its broken in mpc-hc and XBMC. So the problem is probaly in Intel driver implementation, and we all know how bad are intel GMA drivers Smile.
ATM I don't even get that far. If I turn on DVXA2 XBMC crashes when launching any movie.

My setup looks like this.
Your focus needs more focus
Current WIP: Karma TF8
I will have my i3-2100 build in tomorrow. Maybe I will have to find another route until this id fixed Sad. But I will def give it a try.
splnuts Wrote:I will have my i3-2100 build in tomorrow. Maybe I will have to find another route until this id fixed Sad. But I will def give it a try.

You can just turn off hardware acceleration and it will be fine.
Shike Wrote:Got the very same problem with an i3 2100T and dxva2.

The CPU isnt strong enough to run every movie, as soon as the bitrate exceeds 25Mb/s i start dropping frames. CPUutiliziation at around 55-60% and framedropping starts to occurr.

The picture looks very nice other than that though, really hope this problem will be fixed soon.

Could I have missed something somewhere since my CPU cant handle the load?

25mb/s!!!Huh Isnt that quit high? What are you streaming to get such high bitrates? I dont think my x264 1080p bluray rips are anywhere close to that.
tboooe Wrote:25mb/s!!!Huh Isnt that quit high? What are you streaming to get such high bitrates? I dont think my x264 1080p bluray rips are anywhere close to that.

25Mbps is pretty standard for blurays.
thegamesdb.net - An open video games database.
scottbrant.net - Blog
ghostelement Wrote:25Mbps is pretty standard for blurays.

Yeah you are right...I always rip bluray to x264 using Handbrake so I dont get nearly as high a bitrate.

I hope Intel/XBMC can figure out why using hardware acceleration wont work.
Same problem.. I can play most Blurays just fine without acceleration, but when there are PiP features, I get massive framedrops.. (with a Core i3 2100T)

I Hope someone will fix this... as I am able to use the latest libav or ffmpeg-mt with DXVA on my Sandy Bridge
tboooe Wrote:25mb/s!!!Huh Isnt that quit high? What are you streaming to get such high bitrates? I dont think my x264 1080p bluray rips are anywhere close to that.

25Mb/s aint that high tbh, some movies spike at around 33-35 Mb/s.. Doesnt look too nice with the framedropping that occurr.

I tossed in a HD 5450 for now, works but the picture isnt as good as with the i3's GPU. Very washed out colours and blacks are crushed etc.

I had the same problem with artifacts in MPC-HC aswell btw.
Change the Color Levels to 0-255 or 16-235 (see which one works with your TV) and disable Dynamic Contrast and the other "image enhancements" in the Catalyst Control Center
SpectreX Wrote:Change the Color Levels to 0-255 or 16-235 (see which one works with your TV) and disable Dynamic Contrast and the other "image enhancements" in the Catalyst Control Center

Thank you, I already did that though and the result isnt good, its okey but not good. Spent a good few hours on these settings and when the blacks wasnt totally crushed the colours was washed out, when colours looked allright then the blacks was crushed in varying degrees :p

(Using an Epson TW-5500 projector btw)

With the i3 I just plug and play and it looks good. Didnt have to touch one single setting out of the box, pretty impressive tbh.

One distinctive difference between the gpu in the i3 and the hd 5450 is the handling of movement, the i3 is doing this in particular very very good in comparison.

Just wish Intel could solve this problem with dxva yesterday Stare
Cfishy Wrote:just came across this same issue. Sad

Hardware acceleration off = 13%-17% cpu usage and a viewable image

Hardware acceleration on = 5%-6% CPU usage and a totally unviewable image

I get the exact same issue, like this screenshot above!

However, I'm using my 2 years old laptop with processor Intel Core2 Due P8400 @ 2.26GhZ, so this is not just SandyBridge issue for sure! As soon as I turn off hardware acceleration, the problem is fixed. However this started happening recently after installing/uninstalling codecs/drivers/updates. So I believe it is on Intel's side more than on XBMC. Aether way, please someone FIX IT!
Hello,

if i turn on the DXVA2 support on my SandyBridge with Intel Motherboard and onboard graphics, i see the blocks watching x264 coded MKV in HD and in SD ...

but i tried different encoder settings for producing the MKV and it seams that some of my tries produced working results:

This x264 "Baseline" Profile with 1 ReFrame works fine for me:

ID : 1
Format : AVC
Format/Info : Advanced Video Codec
Format profile : [email protected]
Format settings, CABAC : No
Format settings, ReFrames : 1 frame
Codec ID : V_MPEG4/ISO/AVC
Duration : 1h 47mn
Bit rate : 2 357 Kbps
Width : 1 280 pixels
Height : 560 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 2.25:1
Frame rate : 23.976 fps
Color space : YUV
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
Bit depth : 8 bits
Scan type : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.137
Stream size : 1.77 GiB (84%)
Writing library : x264 core 105 r1724 b02df7b
Encoding settings : cabac=0 / ref=1 / deblock=1:-1:-1 / analyse=0x1:0x111 / me=hex / subme=7 / psy=1 / psy_rd=1.00:0.15 / mixed_ref=0 / me_range=16 / chroma_me=1 / trellis=1 / 8x8dct=0 / cqm=0 / deadzone=21,11 / fast_pskip=1 / chroma_qp_offset=-3 / threads=12 / sliced_threads=0 / nr=0 / decimate=1 / interlaced=0 / constrained_intra=0 / bframes=0 / weightp=0 / keyint=12 / keyint_min=1 / scenecut=40 / intra_refresh=0 / rc_lookahead=12 / rc=crf / mbtree=1 / crf=19.0 / qcomp=0.60 / qpmin=10 / qpmax=51 / qpstep=4 / ip_ratio=1.40 / aq=1:1.00
Language : German

The x264 "High" Profile with standard activated B-Frames and 3 ReFrames i usually used before produces the blocks

With other external Players like MPC-HC i am able to watch all of my test-Files with hardwareencoding properly - so this issue seams to be more on the XBMC side.

so i don't want to recode all of my films - xbmc Team please solve the Problem ...
Got my new system put together, getting this same problem.

Would be great to have this fixed, since Sandy Bridge is such an awesome platform for xbmc.

i3 2100t, win7 64 bit, Today's nightly build.
getting this same issue with the new htpc I just put together. core i3 2100 sandy bridge gpu. the newest mpc-hc daily works with hardware accel but xbmc dharma doesn't.. using newest intel drivers from april 15 on win 7 x64
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Macroblocking with new sandy bridge build, dxva2 enabled.2