BR Movie tool - Download trailers from youtube
I have been looking for a trailer downloader for a while because many movies I have either don't have a trailer or the trailer has to buffer all the time.

I have been doing it the manual way but it's going to take ages...

I use FireFox browser and there is a great add-on for it called "Video Download Helper". It allows you to download most videos (such as youtube) with a button on the address bar. It lists all different formats and qualities found and is dead simple to use and saves a bit of time.
hi guys,

I have fixed the tool for the youtube changes.

http://code.google.com/p/br-movie-tool/

Cheers
flaviosa has just posted a new version of this spectacularly useful tool (hehe, beat me to it!).

Cool

Much thanks flavosa!!

PS. Sent a small donation. Should cover a beer or two Smile Wish I could do more as your tool saves me numerous hours of time and there is nothing else like it.
Support for multiple movies in 1 folder seems to have vanished from this latest version. Settings also don't save anymore.
flaviosa Wrote:hi guys,

I have fixed the tool for the youtube changes.

http://code.google.com/p/br-movie-tool/

Cheers

Cheers Smile Very sound!
This is awesome thanks!
Thanks, great news.
anahka2309 Wrote:Support for multiple movies in 1 folder seems to have vanished from this latest version. Settings also don't save anymore.

Hmmm... Settings indeed aren't saving. It's not even checking the old AppData/Local path to myApplication.config.

Also, if none of the first movies need trainers it doesn't seem to do anything. Deleting a trailer from one of the first few movies (something that starts with a number or 'A') causes it to run fine through the whole directory.

And of course some aren't pulling the right files but that's the price to pay for automating the 1200+ files it did find correctly.
The worst are Born In East LA, A Town Called Hell, Fire Down Below, Duck and Cover, The Dawn Rider, The Mambo Kings, The Kid & I, Outlaw Trail, My Favorite Brunette, The Little Princess, and Tales from the Neverending Story: The Gift of the Name as they all DL huge files (300MB to 1GB+) that aren't trailers.
this is a grteat tool !!!! I love it !
the only problem is i needed to remove all my library and scan again so it get the trailers ! Wink
but it worth it !!!
and its great !
only if you can port some thing like this directly to xbmc addons it would be best !!!!!
Proud xbmp/xbmc/kodi user since early days of 1st gen xbox

Thx for this great application!

Is there any opportunity to search for trailers in a predfinied language? (german)

And this tool only search for trailers on youtube right? Maybe you can add other sources like hd-trailers.net or something

Edit:

How is it possible to download only HD trailer (only 720/1080) ?
thanks again for the great application !
I think if you set the default trailer file format to <filename>-trailer<extension> would be much better as we all use xbmc and we have to change that every time !!!!

does the program work for you? every time i start to search for movies it doesn't do anything Sad

is it a layer 8 problem or is something wrong the the program?
hmmm think maybe it's youtube changes or something as it seems to have stopped working for me as well today....
(haven't used for a few days or so though)

great program though big thanks for it... hopefully it can be fixed up if it's changes...
its not working for me either !!!

Yep. Youtube changed something on Tuesday that broke it. I was using it when it died. I ran a scan on a movie and it worked fine, ripped another and ran it again a few minutes later and it wasn't working anymore and hasn't worked since.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
BR Movie tool - Download trailers from youtube1