Infolabels and infoimages
hi all,

as specified in the following thread:

http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....t=7253;

there's been 2 new controls added for you guys to take advantage of. they allow you to move info related labels + images wherever you like within the xbmc gui.

eg you can now have the current weather on the home page for instance.

now, i need to know what other stuff you guys want movable. examples would be system info stuff etc.

note that some stuff may be dependent on things that others are working on at the moment, so don't expect anything to popup overnight Smile

cheers,
jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

"last watched resume"
- would be cool for if you were watching a video, created a bookmark, and then stopped watching. it could resume where you left off.
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
"weather location" would be a useful tag so you know which is selected in weather screen without looking.

i.e.

new york
<image> conditions lightning etc...
current temp

i think that would cover the weather on the home.xml
affini: that has nothing to do with this whatsoever.

deanparry: thanks for the suggestion - will add. note that the one shown is the current weather location - it defaults to location 1. grabbing the string is easy enough (a one-liner). will add it to the list.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

a video's bookmark link/shortcut?

are you saying that is not possible?
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
no hes saying that has nothing to do with this thread. this is not a general feature request thread.
jmarshall is on about what information within xbmc would you like to see universally available? i.e. to help skinners etc...

weather temp, video year, system temp, date etc etc
here is my wish list:

accessible from movies:
the selected movie thumbnail and related director,year,tagline,plot,outline,runtime,description (this can be taken from cached info or user inputed/saved file in associated folder)

accessible from music:
selected music thumbnail and related,artist,year,description (this can be taken from cached info or user inputed/saved file in associated folder)

these would be great imo. i don't mind doing some leg work to gather the files needed to store all this associated data on my xbox. i sometimes take my xbox to places where there is no internet Shocked and i have heard that sometimes the internet changes also.

if this info was availble in the skins, i am sure someone could/would make a app/python script to streamline the datagathering for the movie and album data. (the changing of the imdb and cddb site layout should not be built into the code of xbmc)
/\
edit: i guess that also means: within all screens accessible .py links/icons

just my thoughts ....
cheers
xbox 1.2 - xecuter 2.3b lite - xir remote - 80mm mod - 120g maxtor 8mb cache - samsung dvd & networked xbmc - harmony 680 remote
ok, some more stuff added:

labels:

weather.location: returns the current location that the weather is using.

musicplayer.title: title of currently playing song
musicplayer.artist: artist of currently playing song
musicplayer.album: album of currently playing song
musicplayer.genre: genre of currently playing song
musicplayer.year: year of currently playing song
musicplayer.tracknumber: track number of currently playing song
musicplayer.time: current time in playing track
musicplayer.timespeed: current time in playing track, with playspeed in brackets.
musicplayer.duration: duration of current track.

note that some of the above can apply equally well to videos, so there may be some renaming done of the strings (eg player.* instead of musicplayer.*)

infoimages:

musicplayer.cover: returns the music thumb of the current playing song.

bring on the suggestions - will probably do the video overlay stuff next (thus look for changes in the above strings!Wink

btw: anyone think that a similar system for fadelabels would be useful?

cheers,
jonathan

an additional note:

in the future (ie next time we decide to step up the skin version number) we may make using info labels compulsory for much of the above stuff, as it removes duplicate code from the codebase.

obviously you'll all be given plenty of warning before we do that! let me know how you feel about that as well.

note that all it generally requires is changing 2 tags per label that is required to change.

cheers,
jonathan

ok here it is

1) c e f g drive space left
2) ip
3) weather i know its there (does it look it up or do you have to have looked it up)(also does it lock up if it autolooks up when you have no net in and internet lookups inabled)
4) id love button to inable disable internet lookups on front home page (i know this might have nothing to do with this)
these would be great and another good idea by the way

ps (diff question is linking to a folder in a share on its way this 2 would be great for adding buttons to home. eg my vidoes/tv shows )

cheers
1, 2 - will add.

3 looks up the data in the interval specified in settings (normally 30mins). doesn't lock anything up as it runs in a separate thread and only on demand. won't do anything if internet is disabled (ie all controls will be blank). will show "busy" while it is looking stuff up, and you still have full control - no locking up or anything.

4 i don't see the point of this - it's only a couple of clicks away in settings. the need to do it continually is just not there. also nothing to do with this thread :p

cheers,
jonathan

i'm on it.. Wink --> system info...

i will take it's time...don't have enought spare time..

more@:
http://www.xboxmediaplayer.de/cgi-bin....;t=8446

regards
geminiserver

cheers thats great wanted lockup on front if it locked up otherwise not nessary

no word on weather we will ever see diff folders being opened in my programs or my videos etc
you will see that feature, but currently it is in limbo due to the password locking stuff being in a mess. once we decide on which way to pursue on that front, everything will get sorted.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Infolabels and infoimages0