• 2(current)
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]
Big_Noid Wrote:Original name Rolleyes

The author of Aeon Nox :-) Sorry mate it was not intentional. I do not follow Aeon at all for a long time, so I wasn't aware of this name collision until branlr mentioned it.

Name will be changed as soon as I find a proper one. Pity, I do like NOX which is probably a reason you picked it Smile
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

Nice work!

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
It's an awesome skin!

Points of improvement for me would be:
- First submenuitem has some glitches being pushed behind the head menu-item.
- The original colors of ATV as an option, I personally like the color scheme.
- Movie/Serie menu-item without subitems going directly to the library with titles like Confluence skin does.
Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master.
eXisTa Wrote:- First submenuitem has some glitches being pushed behind the head menu-item.
- The original colors of ATV as an option, I personally like the color scheme.
- Movie/Serie menu-item without subitems going directly to the library with titles like Confluence skin does.

Thanks for suggestions.

1) This one is tricky. It behaves nicely on my Mac, but I get glitches on Linux. It will be solved eventually.

2) Certainly not before the release of xTV3. I respect the work they've put into it.

3) It does (item Title). Or you can easily make your own.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Thanks for suggestions.

1) This one is tricky. It behaves nicely on my Mac, but I get glitches on Linux. It will be solved eventually.

It could be case sensitive. I don't know how macs are but Linux is case sensitive.
Nothing to see here....
There is a case sensitive option for the HFS+ filesystem, but Macs use the non case sensitive version by default.

This looks really nice. I haven't been able to try it out yet, but I'm definitely look forward to!
[INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT][INDENT]• nate w.
[/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT][/INDENT]
zepfan Wrote:It could be case sensitive. I don't know how macs are but Linux is case sensitive.

Nope, that would be too easy :-) It was a strange animation problem - all was fine on Mac, but not so on Linux & Windows.

I solved it by coding that section differently and will post updated version shortly.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

freaking awsome man keep up the good workLaugh
V.

*Windows 7 Pro
*EVGA 512-P2-N635-AR GeForce 7950GT 512MB
*ASUS M2N32-WS Pro AM2 NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI ATX Server Motherboard
*AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ Windsor 2.4GHz Socket AM2 89W Dual-Core Processor
pecinko Wrote:You can grab NOX from here (5,2MB)

Updated. Problems should be solved :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:Thanks for suggestions.

2) Certainly not before the release of xTV3. I respect the work they've put into it.
pecinko,

Kind of in the same boat myself on this. I have had people asking for a home screen more in keeping with the latest gen of the AppleTV interface but don't want to step on the xTV3 guys feet. Again may offer it as an option after they release their stuff.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

FAQ's located at :- http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on:AppTV
wyrm Wrote:pecinko,

Kind of in the same boat myself on this. I have had people asking for a home screen more in keeping with the latest gen of the AppleTV interface but don't want to step on the xTV3 guys feet. Again may offer it as an option after they release their stuff.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Hi Guy's I wondered if I was holding you guys up in terms of the ATV2 home screen, I deeply respect the fact that you are waiting till i finish the skin or at least get something out to then incorporate it in your skins.

FYI our skin (Codename xTV3) skin is sticking as close as possible 99% 1:1 to the ATV interface so as such im sure you will have your own flavour on the homescreen when you add it to your skin. I dont see the harm in adding it really. we are all working towards building a great skinning community that in turn provide great interfaces for our media viewing pleasure.
wyrm Wrote:pecinko,

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

Well, frankly speaking, I would never made it if there wasn't such a delay releasing xTV3. I'm sure guys put big effort in it and have done their best but, at a times, it seamed that project just died. I offered my assistance at the beginning of it (did not know how to code then) and secondly couple of months ago, when I felt utterly lost in XBMC skinning engine. They wanted to pull it of themselves, which is a decision I respect.

However, as my skin was 80% done at that time I decided to finish it and add some things I wanted to have, making it easier to use for the rest of the family. I also wanted to prove it to myself that I can do it.

As it seamed that xTV will eventually be finished I redid all the graphics (again) to make it look different. Luckily it turned out good (at least I hope it did:-). Needless to say, family was very angry because my graphic skills are even worse than skinning :-) and I was way already beyond time limit I gave this project at the beginning :-)

So, if you're considering new home layout, I won't be adding ATV colors to my skin. I like darker look of it and ATV color lovers can go for xTV SAF or xTV3.

Feel free to use my home page code, if you like, although you might need to re-factor it a bit as it relies on Favourites "hack" I did (I hope that JMarshall is not reading this :-) After all, one of the reasons I released this beta is to see if people would be really interested in simple and lightweight skin like this.

EDIT: I see WingmanNZ jumped in while I was writing this post :-)
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

WingmanNZ Wrote:FYI our skin (Codename xTV3) skin is sticking as close as possible 99% 1:1 to the ATV interface so as such im sure you will have your own flavour on the homescreen when you add it to your skin. I dont see the harm in adding it really. we are all working towards building a great skinning community that in turn provide great interfaces for our media viewing pleasure.
WingmanNZ,

While you might have noticed that I'm an Aussie (and so not shy about claiming Kiwi stuff as my ownWink ) I think it would be nice to cut my Kiwi mates a bit of slack. That and really I think the home screen on the new AppleTV is a bit of a iPod Shuffle (previous gen) as far as gui's go. It's ok if you can read, but my kids use the icons as a guide to navigating around the skin, it just does not work. I salute you for sticking so close to the original interface, but it really holds you back. Just the same I REALLY like a number of the animations on the AppleTV, so some of them will make their way over to my skin at some point.

At any rate the boss has just reminded me that I'm off on holiday in 20 days, so no time to add a new home screen at this point. May look at it when I get back (as an option to people that want it). So thanks for the okey doky on this.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)
If required a FULL debug log can now be submitted from the skin in settings->skin settings->support. Or follow instructions here if you can't access skin settings.

pecinko Wrote:However, as my skin was 80% done at that time I decided to finish it and add some things I wanted to have, making it easier to use for the rest of the family. I also wanted to prove it to myself that I can do it.
pecinko, this was a very large part why I started myself and why I thought you should finish Set and release it yourself. I'm really happy you continued to play with this as it does show. If you want to see what sort of progress you can make with this you just need to look at the early forms (v0.7) of my skin and then check out the latest stuff.

Quote: I like darker look of it and ATV color lovers can go for xTV SAF or xTV3.
I like it even better than the colour's in SET. Might have to include a theme in my skin to match the colouring. Don't be afraid to play with things as it can take you in useful and interesting directions. Take on board other peoples ideas, but don't feel that you have to implement them as the skin can become a mess of conflicting themes. Most of all, stick with it as the skinning community around here could always do with fresh faces and ideas.

Wyrm (xTV-SAF)

BTW, don't worry about JMarshall, I'm sure he's too busy weeping over my transgressions to worry about any of your hacks.Big Grin

Today's hacks are tomorrow's features. Wink
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]6