• 4(current)
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]
pecinko Wrote:Menus are only active if you have content in your library. Try adding some in media sources.

Or did I misunderstood you? Try to explain some more, please.
Yes, but in apple tv2 I can add only plugins and nas files, so on my MacBookPro with XBMC I can activate menu by adding HDD located files in media, but not in ATV2 - it has no HDD. And also the keyboard is not working when I try to find proper video or music in any XBMC plugin, like youtube, engadget, etc...
alexdzn Wrote:Yes, but in apple tv2 I can add only plugins and nas files, so on my MacBookPro with XBMC I can activate menu by adding HDD located files in media, but not in ATV2 - it has no HDD. And also the keyboard is not working when I try to find proper video or music in any XBMC plugin, like youtube, engadget, etc...

As for the keyboard, it works on my Mac and Linux box. I cannot test on ATV2 at the moment. What happens at your side - you click on search but see no keyboard or is it something else?

As for the media - you add it to ATV the same way as on Mac. Media does not need to be present locally on your drive in order to be scanned to library - just add network location (NAS or Mac) instead of local and set content.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:As for the keyboard, it works on my Mac and Linux box. I cannot test on ATV2 at the moment. What happens at your side - you click on search but see no keyboard or is it something else?

As for the media - you add it to ATV the same way as on Mac. Media does not need to be present locally on your drive in order to be scanned to library - just add network location (NAS or Mac) instead of local and set content.

Thanks, I will try to but in nightly build for ios 4.3.1 there is no option add to media, it remains in media mode by default but no films, music, tv shows even if I add any to playlist, as for the keyboard, when I go to any plugin and press search it is "please wait" and nothing heppens untill reboot. If to add data source or set any name keyboard works, but not in plugin search. But skin is the best look for my Apple TV2.
alexdzn Wrote:Thanks, I will try to but in nightly build for ios 4.3.1 there is no option add to media, it remains in media mode by default but no films, music, tv shows even if I add any to playlist, as for the keyboard, when I go to any plugin and press search it is "please wait" and nothing heppens untill reboot. If to add data source or set any name keyboard works, but not in plugin search. But skin is the best look for my Apple TV2.

On nighty, if you go to Media Sources / Video you should end up in Library. One of the items there should be Add videos. You add your movies there and you should be taken to Set content immediately after that. Choose Movies or TV shows and it will be added to your library. It's not really a skin problem, it's about movie library was changed in nighties.

Please, try using keyboard in Confluence an post your findings. It may be a temporary problem with addons and ATV2.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:On nighty, if you go to Media Sources / Video you should end up in Library. One of the items there should be Add videos. You add your movies there and you should be taken to Set content immediately after that. Choose Movies or TV shows and it will be added to your library. It's not really a skin problem, it's about movie library was changed in nighties.

Please, try using keyboard in Confluence an post your findings. It may be a temporary problem with addons and ATV2.

Thanks, but unfortunately all other skins works with keyboard search and even remote HD app perfectly in any of my plugins. I have two Apple TV2 and both the same and MacBookPro same xbmc 10.1 official any plugin ( youtube for example) tap search video no keyboard only "please wait".
alexdzn Wrote:Thanks, but unfortunately all other skins works with keyboard search and even remote HD app perfectly in any of my plugins. I have two Apple TV2 and both the same and MacBookPro same xbmc 10.1 official any plugin ( youtube for example) tap search video no keyboard only "please wait".

I just tried it with latest nighty on ATV2 and keyboard works just fine.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I just tried it with latest nighty on ATV2 and keyboard works just fine.
With NOX skin I can not use search in plugins to find video or music I need, no keyboard in any plugin search on Mac or ATV2. But even without search, NOX is the best skin ever for ATV2 XBMC.
@pecinko
Are the textures available unpacked?

I would like to try it on the Xbox

TIA

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
xbs08 Wrote:I would like to try it on the Xbox

I'm busy preparing new release ATM, but I can try to make you xpr afterwards?
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

pecinko Wrote:I'm busy preparing new release ATM, but I can try to make you xpr afterwards?

That would be great, thanks.

• Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH ~ Crucial DDR3L SO-DIMM 4GB ~ SanDisk ReadyCache 32GB SSD ~ Microsoft MCE model 1039 RC6 remote
Thumbs Up 
Great skin, I love the speed.

Perhaps you could help me with something, I cannot get the Shortcut items on the Home screen to appear. I have set 3 favourites (which work accessing them normally) but I cannot seem to get them to appear above the main menu bar. I have enabled Shortcuts (Home), and activated 3 custom slots, but how do I make them appear?? The configure menu shows all 3, but they never appear on the main menu.

2nd, would it be possible to have another view type in library mode, which shows the film cover/poster to start with (as it currently does), but them changes the background to fanart, maintaining a small poster above the film info? That would be ideal.

3rd, would it be possible to implement 2 things on the home screen, first a random fanart image behind the menu? I know this doesn't keep with the atv theme. Last, like in Aeon, a random selection of films with ratings, great way of deciding on a film to watch!

Thanks, great work
Can you make it so it appears in the skins addon on the XBMC thing a me bob. I have a sams stick thing plugged into my ATV1 and cannot remember all the crap I need to do to ssh copy stuff to it.

Thanks.
Hey great work

What also would be nice to this Skin is!

If to the menu point movies, tv shows and music shown up the recently added...like in the skin "simpicity" on the top and the custom home shortcuts moved to the menu point add-ons. The menu point xbmc can be shown up the xbmc logo...like the shortcuts be disabled in the skin setting.

greeting Smooth
tomwrob Wrote:Great skin, I love the speed.
Perhaps you could help me with something, I cannot get the Shortcut items on the Home screen to appear. I have set 3 favourites (which work accessing them normally) but I cannot seem to get them to appear above the main menu bar. I have enabled Shortcuts (Home), and activated 3 custom slots, but how do I make them appear?? The configure menu shows all 3, but they never appear on the main menu.

I'll make some changes so it's more obvious. When in configure window you'll see favourites in bottom part of a screen. Empty slots for shortcuts are above. Press up and it should be straightforward afterwards.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

garyi Wrote:Can you make it so it appears in the skins addon on the XBMC thing a me bob. I have a sams stick thing plugged into my ATV1 and cannot remember all the crap I need to do to ssh copy stuff to it.

Thanks.

I'll try to make a repo but you'll still need a way to add it.
My skins:

Amber
Quartz

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
NOX - an ATV like skin [BETA for testing]6