Need fast advice on a cpu for a 3d capable htpc
Well this cpu work fine for a htpc that wants to be future ready for 3d blu-rays. It is coupled with a GTS 450 video card

Model Number Intel® Core™ i3 530
Number of Cores 2 (Dual-Core)
Number of Simultaneous Threads 4 (with Intel® HT Technology)
Clock Speed 2.93 GHz
Intel® Turbo Boost technology No
Cache (L3) 4 MB Smart Cache
Don't worry about the cpu, your video card (gts 450) is gonna do all the 3d rendering, it is perferct for that....if you dont plan on gaming on your htpc, you can save money by getting the gt430.
Thanks for the advice. I know about the 430 but I don't plan on buying online and the 430 is out of stock anywhere local and I am willing to pay more for the 450 to get this done tonight.
The gts 450 is a great card, worth the extra money.....very powerful card, low power consumption.
I'm a huge 450 fan.

Well my stuff is bought, now to setup.
shadow Wrote:Well my stuff is bought, now to setup.

Awesome, the building and the time spent trying to get your new system running the way you want it, is the best part for me 8 )
What motherboard did you get?
For a motherboard I chose the Asus P7P55D-E LX. It was the cheapest (only) one I could find that supported the lower end i3 cpu's and had SATA III and USB 3.0, which is important to me since I prefer my movies as decrypted Blu-Rays which are big and I want faster speed when transferring them.
shadow Wrote:For a motherboard I chose the Asus P7P55D-E LX. It was the cheapest (only) one I could find that supported the lower end i3 cpu's and had SATA III and USB 3.0, which is important to me since I prefer my movies as decrypted Blu-Rays which are big and I want faster speed when transferring them.

Very solid build shadow, keep us posted.
poofyhairguy are you using the 450 under xbmc-live or Linux or Windows? I am unable to get the hdmi audio to show up under live or regular Ubuntu. Nothing hdmi even shows up under aplay -l

Apparently Ubuntu 11.04 will see it so I am going to use that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need fast advice on a cpu for a 3d capable htpc0