[LIVE 10.1] Network issues after wake-on-lan
I'm having an issue after setting up wake-on-lan, I'm hoping someone can help.

I run Live 10.1 on a Zotac GeForce 9300 board, stream everything over a local network from a NAS, and XBMC generally runs like a champ. I have been using the official XBMC Remote app on my android for a while now, but recently got a new device (go Thunderbolt) and my wife inherited Droid. Her first comment: "The power button doesn't work (in the app)?"

I had never bothered to set up WOL before, so I thought I'd give it a shot. I used this guide to set up wake-on-lan on the box. I can now successfully wake it from various sources (Big Grin) including the android app.

BUT, there's a problem:

When I use WOL to turn the box on, it causes some sort of network issue. I am unable to SSH, FTP/SFTP, etc... the box. Huh Likewise the remote app doesn't connect and the library (set to update on startup) hangs -- presumably because it can't access the NAS. I have to hard power down (the shutdown function in XBMC doesn't work, using keyboard or IR remote). When I start the box up normally (button on the box) these issues do not happen.

What the heck is going on? Please help, the ability to use WOL would allow me to hide the box out of sight (and away from little kid fingers). Thanks!
A quick update, after some more testing: the issue only occurs when I WOL from the Android App. If I WOL from another computer on my LAN, everything is runs properly.

I was hoping for someone to point out a quick fix; I guess I'll be spending some time troubleshooting over the weekend.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE 10.1] Network issues after wake-on-lan0