Subtitles.
SSA/ASS Subtitles, any idea when or if they will ever work ?
Thewolf Wrote:SSA/ASS Subtitles, any idea when or if they will ever work ?

Not a dev, so no idea when. But yes, it's been mentioned elsewhere that they know the problem and it will be fixed.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
Be patient, this is still pretty early days for XBMC on ATV2... first release was on 20th Jan, it's only just reached the 3 month mark.
Thewolf: Any downloadable sample to try?

Anybody tried it with the nightly build made after the merge to trunk?
dazex Wrote:Thewolf: Any downloadable sample to try?

Anybody tried it with the nightly build made after the merge to trunk?

Yeah, I've got a couple of files that won't display subs. ASS I think they were. Didn't bother uploading files or mentioning as I saw Davilla state in another thread that they're aware of what the problem is and they don't need more samples.

I'll give it some time and test again soon.

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
I was asking for samples to test the issue out myself. The developers always welcome patches so we the users should always be looking to help fix any issues that we can. I can't look at the issue without a video file with embedded ASS subs.
@dazex you can find sample on this thread http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...hlight=ssa

It has something todo with the hardware decoder, when it's turned off SSA/ASS subtitles do work, when it's turned on they don't work. Turning it off is pointless thought since the videos will stutter.

The latest nightly are still a no go.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles.0