MythTV + XBMC-PVR
Specs:

Tunner: USB WINTV 950Q.
Mythtv-backend and mythtv-front (0.24) .. LiveTV works ..
XBMC (GIT build latest): https://github.com/opdenkamp/xbmc

I am trying to understand how to get MythTV working on XBMC-PVR. So far I have tried 3 ways:

1) Add MythTV as video source
- TV Guide Information is pulled fine
- Channel Information is pulled fine
- LiveTV doesn't work, it hangs on Waiting ...

2) MytvBox addon
- TV Guide Information is pulled fine
- Channel Information is pulled fine
- LiveTV doesn't work, it hangs on Waiting ...

3) Mythtv PVR Addon
- I can enabled the addon but can't configure anything ..
- Live TV won't get enabled .. Works on fine when i used TVheadend PVR Addon..

What version of MythTV is supported in XBMC ? Looks like 0.24 has issues with it .. http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11082
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
I'm running Mythbox w/Mythbuntu 10.10 and XBMC 10.1.

Everything works, including live TV. There are bugs, but it's usable until the Myth PVR is released in XBMC.

XBMC currently supports 23. 23.1 works too, though you will get a few errors in the error log. IDK about 24.
dushmaniac

Is the fix for MythTV 0.24 going to be pushed into your build soon ? Do you recommend we revert back to MythTV 0.23.1 ?
The normal XBMC log IS NOT a debug log, to enable debug logging you must toggle it on under XBMC Settings - System or in advancedsettings.xml. Use XBMC Debug Log Addon to retrieve it.
Im currently running dteirneys pvr from his git.

It works with 0.23 and 0.24

There are bugs of course as its very experimental at present as with most xbmc pvr builds.

it you want stability, use tvheadend, dushmaniac has done an incredible job with it and it is evolving all the time with new features, plus he offers the best support that i have ever experienced on any forum or from any company for that matter.

Dont get mythbox and pvr confused, mythbox is a script where as pvr in an intergrated solution.
All Things PVR
Is dteirneys build for MythTV PVR addon ? Is the addon compatable with dushmaniac PVR build ? Can you post a link to git repository ?

I prefer to use dushmaniac PVR build as it is official build for PVR. Now I know "tvheadend" is what he uses for testing but for me, I can't get tvheadend backend working right all the time ( crahes, channel detection, etc ), so I am playing around with MythTV as a backend.

Ps, MythTV is handled natively in XBMC now, hence the fix should be in xbmc as well ( not just addon ) ..
CrashX Wrote:Can you post a link to git repository ?

I'm using Dteirney's tree at https://github.com/dteirney/xbmc/tree/pvr
For me this is the only code of xbmc to play livetv at all with mythtv .24
@CrashX
it'll be merged when I receive a pull request. I'm not going to merge things at random.
opdenkamp / dushmaniac

xbmc-pvr [Eden-PVR builds] [now included in mainline XBMC, so no more source link here :)]
personal website: [link]

Found a problem with PVR? Report it on Trac, under "PVR - core components". Please attach the full debug log.

If you like my work, please consider donating to me and/or Team XBMC.
I guess all us Myther's are looking at the breakneck pace of development in your repo (probably a little jealously if our particular backend is getting no love!). Also I personally like how you're focused on getting your work into 'normal' xbmc. This means that your stuff is bang up to date with regular xbmc .....

... A quick look into dteirney's repo shows that not much has happened there for two months. That's slightly worrying! I guess whether you wanted it or not, you've been appointed by the Myther's as our fearless leader! Your people are looking to you for guidance.... Laugh

I also realise that dtierney could have been waiting for you to finish your api changes before merging your stuff into his repo and doing the necessary work. But I sure would like to know that the myth stuff hasn't been abandoned for good.....

Jim
CrashX Wrote:Ps, MythTV is handled natively in XBMC now, hence the fix should be in xbmc as well ( not just addon ) ..

Can you explain how this is done? I'm on Ubuntu 10.10 64-bit running 10.1 Dharma. As of this moment the xbmc-pvr ppa by lars op den kamp is broken with the settings always greyed out.

How do you natively watch mythtv from xbmc w/o plugins? The myth:// protocol is very buggy.
The MythTV Addon will still get some work. I've updated my local source with the latest API changes from dushmaniac. I've got everything compiling again but am still having some issues with content not displaying like I'd expect.

I plan to push in the fix for Live TV using 0.24 in XBMC master in the coming few days. That should fix all the problems that users are having with MythBox, myth:// and anything else that locks trying to playback Live TV. Sorry it's taken so long, haven't had much spare time for XBMC in the last few months.

An update will be pushed to my github repository within the next week for people to test the MythTV Addon further.

If anyone knows a developer that is able to spend some time looking at Live TV support in MythTV please let me know...
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
mythboy Wrote:The myth:// protocol is very buggy.

How so?
Use MythTV for recording TV? Try the integrated MythTV support in XBMC Media Center. Now with commercial skip support built-in and integration with the Movie database!
Their is another method to watch MythTV on xbmc via DLNA as MythTV has a built in DLNA server.
I am using mythtv 0.23 backend and mythbox front end on xbmc latest stable build in windows 7 and have no issues.

However, I am looking forward to use the latest pvr addon which includes mythtv.

I tried mythbox on ATV2 but have no luck in defining the smb shares pointing to the recorded folder.
Not to try and rush you, but any idea what your time table is for the updated plugin? I updated to ubuntu 11.04 last night, and was going to set up mythtv, but then I saw this and figured I might wait as the only package available is .24.

Anyway, not trying to add pressure, just wondering.

Thanks for taking the time to make it! I can't believe people still use mythtv's old and outdated interface!
Nothing to see here....
Hi,

I have Natty and tried to install XBMC-PVR, unfortunately all add-ons related to pvr are broken. What can I do ? I'm using mythtv but it's archaic. Is there any way to make it usable ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MythTV + XBMC-PVR0