GT 430 on old PC
does anyone know if I can use the GT 430 on my old Acer Aspire E380. It has pci express x16 but I believe its 1.0. from my research it appears 2.0 cards will work in 1.0 slots, but want to make sure before I do it.

Then basically with the card, all video should be decoded off the GPU so the computer should stay pretty quiet right? Don't have money now to go replacing everything, but 70 bucks for a card, and 10 bucks for a IR remote that people say works great with xbmc on amazon won't break the bank.
It will work. Do you really need gt 430?
nemek Wrote:It will work. Do you really need gt 430?

seriously? its 55 dollars at new egg, should I really be cheaper? gt430 does

3d when i'm ready for that and can do bitstreaming when i get a new receiver.

does xbmc do 3d with this? like if I rip a blueray in sideframeby frame, then will it play correctly through xbmc? I believe dvd fab 3d can do this and i've seen other rips done like this for 3d.
We are having loads of problems running GT430 on linux.
Don't know what OS you are running, but now you know Smile
i'm probably running windows. is there a better cheap card?
yes, the GT210 if you dont need 3D playback and dont need HD-Audio Bitstreaming

or ATI 5xxx series if you dont need 3D playback but you need HD-Audio Bitstreaming

** dont use LInux if u go with ATI **
wanna have my bitstreaming and certainly 3D. but if I use linux by chance, what problems would I have?
none if u go with Nvidia...
RuZleBiFf Wrote:We are having loads of problems running GT430 on linux.

This is the first I've heard of this.

robl45 - If you've got the $55 spare, I see no reason for not getting it. As stated, it will allow for future expansion, and is compatible with Windows and Linux.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Just a note.. I have a GT430.. And I am having problems getting audio through HDMI in Linux (Ubuntu minimal + xbmc-live).

EDIT: Not anymore, only slight problems with menu sounds...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GT 430 on old PC0