Remove libdvdcss
Is there a way to get Dharma to work without libdvdcss? The reason I ask is because of legality concerns with regards to decrypting. As I understand it, libdvdnav will try to read a dvd without decrypting if libdvdcss is not present but in my system, deleting/renaming libdvdcss results in the dvd not playing. The log has an entry like the following:
Quote:08:15:57 T:4468 M:1280847872 ERROR: Win32DllLoader::Load: Unable to load special://xbmcbin/system/players/dvdplayer/libdvdnav.dll (126)

I'm guessing it has to do with how this version was compiled. Trying to run this on Win7.

Extra info: Trying to play back an unencrypted dvd.
you have to hack the code to be able to do it on windows. the dvdnav dll is linked to the dvdcss one iirc.
see --disable-dvdcss on linux, and monkey what's done + rebuild.
spiff Wrote:you have to hack the code to be able to do it on windows. the dvdnav dll is linked to the dvdcss one iirc.
see --disable-dvdcss on linux, and monkey what's done + rebuild.

If kind of figured it required a rebuild from source with the linking removed. I wanted to check if there was an easier way.

Thanks for the quick response.
if you are going to work on this a patch which LoadLibrary's that dll if it exists, and skips if it doesn't, would be most welcome Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remove libdvdcss0