MySQL library problem
Hi!

I was hoping someone could help me out with a problem.

I moved my library to a MySQL database so it stays in sync on the 3 computers (2 mac clients + 1 windows host) and ipad I am running XBMC on at home. Everything I add (scrape) to the library syncs in every way (watched status, continue play from..., video settings etc...) and works great.

My problem lies with the things that are not scraped and are in folders (like documentaries, kids programs, sports etc), although I can see the files on every computer (all set up as an SMB share, even on XBMC on the host system), it does not sync information about them ( am most interested in watched status, continue from..., and video/audio settings). It does not even save this information locally, which worked before I moved to MySQL.

Is this an intrinsic flaw of having the library in a MySQL database?
Is there any way to get XBMC remember these setting locally and, at best, sync them?
Is there any way to add things to the library without them having to fall into the predefined categories (movies/tv shows/music)?

Thanks in advance!

/AG
Do these other items in your library have nfo files associated with them? If they do, and are being added to the database, which they should, then you should not have this problem.
If they don't have nfo files, you can make them and force XBMC to scrape them into your library. That should take care of your problem.

Mark
arrgrr Wrote:My problem lies with the things that are not scraped and are in folders (like documentaries, kids programs, sports etc), although I can see the files on every computer (all set up as an SMB share, even on XBMC on the host system), it does not sync information about them ( am most interested in watched status, continue from..., and video/audio settings). It does not even save this information locally, which worked before I moved to MySQL.

Is this an intrinsic flaw of having the library in a MySQL database?
Is there any way to get XBMC remember these setting locally and, at best, sync them?
Is there any way to add things to the library without them having to fall into the predefined categories (movies/tv shows/music)?
/AG
What you're describing should work. Files do not need to be in the library in order to sync watched status and resume points. XBMC tracks this on a per-file basis. Make sure you are using the exact same sources.xml on all of your XBMC instances. This will guarantee that XBMC knows a video played on two different boxes is the same video because the path will be exactly the same (using samba).

What version of XBMC are you using?
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Thanks for the help guys! It turned out to be a problem with the permissions on the smb share, it now works like a charm!
Thanks again!

/AG

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MySQL library problem0