This scraper will no longer be updated and will eventually become deprecated as IMDb and other sites change their layout.
I've created the IMDb + RT scraper. This uses Team XBMC's excellent IMDb scraper to gather your movie information, but with the added ability to grab extra information from Rotten Tomatoes. Such as:
- TomatoMeter from All Critics
- TomatoMeter from Top Critics
- Average Rating from All Critics
- Average Rating from Top Critics
- Critics' Consensus
- Country specific movie certification
At the moment only USA (i.e. MPAA), UK (i.e. BBFC) and Australian (i.e. ACB) ratings are available in the scraper. Please feel free to request your location to be added to the scraper.
When the scraper grabs the rating from RottenTomatoes it will use the 'votes' field for the number of reviews counted for each specific rating. If you don't want the RottenTomatoes ratings and just some of the additional features of this scraper you can still grab the IMDb rating.
For the uninitiated Rotten Tomatoes aggregates the reviews from movie critics and provides a TomatoMeter (percentage of critics who have given the movie a positive review). They also provide an Average Rating of the scores awarded by the critics.
Here's an example of the sort of data the scraper could grab: Battle: Los Angeles:
Rating: (one of)
- IMDb - 5.9 (70,335 votes)
- TomatoMeter from All Critics - 3.5 (193 critic's votes)
- Average Rating from All Critics - 4.9 (193 critic's votes)
- TomatoMeter from Top Critics - 0.0 (14 critic's votes)
- Average Ratingfrom Top Critics - 3.5 (14 critic's votes)
Critics' Consensus: Overlong and overly burdened with war movie clichés, Battle: Los Angeles will entertain only the most ardent action junkies.
US Certification (MPAA): Rated PG-13 for sustained and intense sequences of war violence and destruction, and for language
UK Certification (BBFC): 12A
Australian Certification (ACB): M