Zacate - Add another NIC?
Is there any way to add another NIC to these Zacates?

I use ViprVPN to download content from my provider. Problem is I also want to stream to other devices locally on the LAN at the same time and I'm not sure if the ViprVPN and local network can be available on same NIC simultaneously.
yes u can add a NIC to a ZACATE motherboard but,
i cant tell if the stuff u wanna do will work,, sorry,,
eskro Wrote:yes u can add a NIC to a ZACATE motherboard ,,

Dude... HOW!?
Do they make pci express 16 NIC cards? Can i put a short express 2x NIC in the x16 slot?? I dunno.. I did a google.. USB NICs? why the half-answer?
a PCI Express x1 card is compatible on an PCI Express x16 slot...
eskro Wrote:a PCI Express x1 card is compatible on an PCI Express x16 slot...

Did not know that. Suspected but wasn't sure. Thank You Sir.
Next question. Will using that PCI Express x1 NIC degrade performance of something else on same bus? Like i dunno, video? Or something?
How about a dirty usb NIC ? Smile

But tbh just create a virtual interface or maybe even a VLAN if you're up to it instead of wasting your money on a new NIC.
68732 Wrote:Did not know that. Suspected but wasn't sure. Thank You Sir.
Next question. Will using that PCI Express x1 NIC degrade performance of something else on same bus? Like i dunno, video? Or something?

No

By the way you even have VGAs for 1x PCI-e that of course can be used in any PCI-e slot. You can even modd a PCI-E x1 to fit a 16x VGA, not sure about other devices, you can even modd the card itself and not the slot, but that's way more complicated/dangerous.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Zacate - Add another NIC?0