• 23(current)
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)
tmm0f5 Wrote:Hey All,

Quick Question.... I have my main XBMC computer running XBMC.MyLibrary just perfectly so that my Netflix queue ends up in my Movies list and everything plays just fine.

My question is how do I set this up on a second XBMC installation. Do I need to setup all of this again or can I just access the Dropbox STRMs from the new XBMC install on a separate computer.

Thanks so much,
Tim

For my workgroup clients, they're accessing my xbmc database that i've put into MySQL and the unc shares on the server. The MyLibrary dropbox can/should be a shared folder accessible from clients.

No need to setup mylibrary again on the clients, just run it on the server.
bradvido88 - trolling the incredibly long thread on pseudotv, it appears people have had luck with icelibrary's strm files in pseudotv:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&page=249

I'm wondering if maybe the way MyLibrary is building the strm files isn't allowing for seeks. Or maybe it's PlayOn? Looking for your input or ideas, i can try some different methods too if you come up with anything.

(i'm not interested in icelibrary plugin - i'd prefer to stay with my paid netflix, hulu, and amazon services)
actapon Wrote:bradvido88 - trolling the incredibly long thread on pseudotv, it appears people have had luck with icelibrary's strm files in pseudotv:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&page=249

I'm wondering if maybe the way MyLibrary is building the strm files isn't allowing for seeks. Or maybe it's PlayOn? Looking for your input or ideas, i can try some different methods too if you come up with anything.

(i'm not interested in icelibrary plugin - i'd prefer to stay with my paid netflix, hulu, and amazon services)

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe I read on the PlayOn forums somewhere that seeking is not possible using Netflix with PlayOn, making this impossible which upsets me too.

I did however post in that thread that if you use Bluecop's export function, those strm files do work appropriately with PseudoTV. I have noticed some timing issues though, and frequently PseudoTV will switch to playing the next video 10-30 secs before the stream has ended. Sometimes this doesn't matter, but I have been left without the most important moments of a show after watching it for 45 mins before.
haenchensd Wrote:I did however post in that thread that if you use Bluecop's export function, those strm files do work appropriately with PseudoTV. I have noticed some timing issues though, and frequently PseudoTV will switch to playing the next video 10-30 secs before the stream has ended. Sometimes this doesn't matter, but I have been left without the most important moments of a show after watching it for 45 mins before.

I was thinking the same thing with pseudotv and ditching a show too early in the last couple minutes....

I searched through Bluecop's repository again but didn't see netflix. Did i miss it? Or are you talking about his hulu plugin?
Hey guys, I don't use pseudoTV, but the strm files created by this program are standard XBMC .strm's. So if the strms created by bluecop's export work, then these will too.

Also, can you give me a direct link to the post instead of the page number? I don't use standard page size so your link brought me to an irrelevant post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&page=249
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
Sorry for any confusion, yes I was referring to Bluecop's Hulu, not a different Netflix plugin.

bradvido88 Wrote:Hey guys, I don't use pseudoTV, but the strm files created by this program are standard XBMC .strm's. So if the strms created by bluecop's export work, then these will too.

Also, can you give me a direct link to the post instead of the page number? I don't use standard page size so your link brought me to an irrelevant post: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=90738&page=249

Icefilms/library discussed many many places, but here was claimed implementation: http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=956...count=2096 (I've never used this so I can't personally confirm, but many others have)

And then here I mention that it works with Hulu.

I think that possibly there may be a problem in that the .strm files from the Hulu addon have a duration in them whereas I don't see that in the Mylibrary strm files though I could certainly be wrong. In fact, Mylibrary may play well with PseudoTV, I've never even tried. One reason being that it instantly would jump from one stream to another and I figured PlayOn/Netflix might throw up an error regarding multiple open tabs. (though this could possibly be eliminated with commercials/bumpers)
actapon Wrote:For my workgroup clients, they're accessing my xbmc database that i've put into MySQL and the unc shares on the server. The MyLibrary dropbox can/should be a shared folder accessible from clients.

No need to setup mylibrary again on the clients, just run it on the server.

Thank you so much. I just upgraded to Eden (the new box was Eden and the old was Dharma and just sharing the folder wasn't working).

I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again for your help.

-Tim
I'm running Eden RC2. When I try to install this addon it says "add-on does not have correct structure."
ihaterich Wrote:I'm running Eden RC2. When I try to install this addon it says "add-on does not have correct structure."

It's not an add on. It's a 3rd party tool that runs separate from XBMC. see first post for details.
tmm0f5 Wrote:Thank you so much. I just upgraded to Eden (the new box was Eden and the old was Dharma and just sharing the folder wasn't working).

I'll let you know how it works. Thanks again for your help.

-Tim

Okay so this is weird. I upgraded my main system to Eden RC2. Now both systems are RC2. I upgraded XBMC.MyLibrary to the latest version.

I run Run-x64.cmd, it runs perfectly. It shuts down XBMC, restarts it, goes through PlayOn to get my Netflix queue, creates the .STRM files, scrapes it all in XBMC, etc.

It played one time, I rebooted and now it won't play. It gives me a Playback Failed error.

However if I share my Dropbox folder to my second installation of RC2, it will scrape and stream the files just fine.

Any thoughts?
When you reboot you'll need to run MyLibrary again because the PlayOn upnp links change after reboot.
I run mine on a 2 hour interval to make sure everything is always current
I'm confused about how PlayOn works with this. Is there another thread with more info on adding it as a source? Also, I'm assuming the use of PlayOn with this requires us to pay for a PlayOn account?

Thanks
kevdawg Wrote:I'm confused about how PlayOn works with this. Is there another thread with more info on adding it as a source? Also, I'm assuming the use of PlayOn with this requires us to pay for a PlayOn account?

Thanks

You will need to add a source for the subdirectory of interest in PlayOn (Netflix?). Then MyLibrary will use this source to create .strm files to the videos within that source (it must be done this way because XBMC sees everything in UPNP sources as streams, not videos). These .strm files will point XBMC to open the correct stream from PlayOn and MyLibrary does some magic to get them all in your database. However, every time PlayOn restarts, the UPNP location of things will change, thus if you still want the .strm files to point to the right location you need to rerun MyLibrary which will update the location.

And yes, if you want to use PlayOn for more than 2 weeks you will have to pay for the service.
I'm trying to get The Price is Right episodes from cbs.com

Everything appears to work correctly except the resulting folder in dropbox is named The.Price.Is.Right which causes the show not to scrape correctly. Is there anyway to correct the spacing of the name? Here is the code I'm using.

<FreeCable path="plugin://plugin.video.free.cable" recursive="true" custom_parser="PlayOn">
<subfolder name="CBS/Daytime/The Price is Right/Full Episodes" type="episodes" max_videos="5">
</subfolder>
</FreeCable>
Thank you BradVido88 for your hard work on this. I just set it up this weekend and I love it! I run a Linux server and worked up a little script that will automatically run your program. Since XBMC.MyLibrary depends on XBMC running, I also built in functionality to launch and exit XBMC if it was not already running. If it was already running it just leaves it alone and exits. Here it is for anyone else that's interested.

I've done some commenting to give you an idea of what's going on. It uses 'curl' to send an HTTP exit command to XBMC so you've got to have the correct path to control it. You also need to have correct path information for XBMC.MyLibrary to launch.
Code:
#!/bin/bash

##########################
#This script will run XBMC.MyLibrary
#    Because that program needs XBMC to already be running
#    this script will also check to see if it is running,
#    launch XBMC if it was not running, then exit or
#    leave it running depending on the starting circumstances.
#
# Last revision: 3/12/12
###########################

#Check if XBMC is running
if [ `pidof xbmc.bin` ];  then
    echo 'XBMC Already Running'
    RUNNING=1
else
    echo 'XBMC Not Running - script will start and stop it to facilitate XBMC.MyLibrary'
    RUNNING=0
    xbmc &    #launch XBMC
    echo 'Pausing 5 seconds for XBMC to launch'
    sleep 5
fi

#Run XBMC.MyLibrary program  NOTE: You must set your own paths here!!!!
java -jar "/Lenny/scripts/XBMC.MyLibrary-1.3.1/dist/XBMC.MyLibrary.jar" "/Lenny/scripts/XBMC.MyLibrary-1.3.1/"

#Exit XBMC if this script was responsible for launchig it in the first place
if [ "$RUNNING" == 1 ]; then echo Ending script without exiting XBMC
else
    echo 'Exiting XBMC'
    #Send HTTP command for XBMC to exit  NOTE: You must set your own paths here!!!!
    curl 'http://xbmc:[email protected]:8080/xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=Exit()'
fi

Save this script and make it executable (chmod +x scriptname.sh) and it is then possible to use a cron job to run it. Since XBMC will launch a GUI you must specify a display in the cron command. Here is what I set up which runs the script once a day at 7:45am (add this using 'crontab -e'):
Code:
45 07 * * * env DISPLAY=:0 /Lenny/scripts/launch-xbmc-mylibrary.sh
  • 23(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)10