• 89(current)
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)
Has anyone noticed a problem with scraping from Netflix through Playon?

been getting the following error:

Code:
07/02/2014 02:39:51 PM WARN    Archiving        Title cannot be found, it was expected to be found after one of [ - , : , :, -,  : ,  -- , .] in the file label "S04E02 Migration, Beakmania & Living Space"

Recently Netflix has started to separate episodes into Season folders and lopping off the title of the series from the filename and also removing the "dash" ( - ) from season/episode numbering the the title of the episode. I believe this is the problem. any ideas?
I was going to try and look into this, but im struggling to get the head of the trunk to build. I seem to be missing some code, and there is a number of "shared libraries" that I do not know where the source is for. Im hoping to get some feedback from the owner.
(2014-07-23, 02:02)lonecow Wrote: I was going to try and look into this, but im struggling to get the head of the trunk to build. I seem to be missing some code, and there is a number of "shared libraries" that I do not know where the source is for. Im hoping to get some feedback from the owner.

Are you looking to just use it, or make code changes and build a custom version? If the former, you don't have to compile it yourself. There is a link in the instructions somewhere for a pre-compiled version.
(2014-07-23, 02:26)pkscout Wrote:
(2014-07-23, 02:02)lonecow Wrote: I was going to try and look into this, but im struggling to get the head of the trunk to build. I seem to be missing some code, and there is a number of "shared libraries" that I do not know where the source is for. Im hoping to get some feedback from the owner.

Are you looking to just use it, or make code changes and build a custom version? If the former, you don't have to compile it yourself. There is a link in the instructions somewhere for a pre-compiled version.

Sorry for the confusion, I was replying to the post above my last one. My plan was to make changes to the code to try and figure out why wierd things are happening when parsing netflix streams. The problem is that is seems like the last check in does not build (it seems the author updated the libraries but not the source) and the build before that works, but is unable to talk to the latest version of xbmc.

I was hoping to see if anyone has pulled the code and got it working, or if there is a copy of the latest code that was never checked in.
Hi,

This forum has been awesome in getting my XBMC set-up working with HULU and Netflix through Playon and MyLibrary but I'm having trouble getting the Music Videos feature to work.

I have tried the below (a cut down version of my full Config.xml) but with no luck. I have a source set up directly to Playon called Playon, and one to MTV called MTV.

I end up with only one .strm file in the Music Video folder..?

Does anyone have this successfully working?

Also, does anyone have an easy method of excluding particular genres from the Library or through MyLibrary script? I don't want any Animation or Kids movies or TV shows and would rather not have to individually exclude them. I've attempted to make smart playlists with only specific genres but i cannot figure out a way through the Aeon Nox skin of then flattening the library structure, as by default I end up with the Genre view which doesn't suit my purpose. Preferably id do this through the smart playlist feature as this would allow me to do other things but that genre view ruins it for me.

Cheers
Alex

Cofig File: https://www.dropbox.com/s/fetcvokzjvzhib0/Config.xml
Debug Log: https://www.dropbox.com/s/omgeumlsdf1eyg..._DEBUG.log
Regarding the code -- I'll try to check in a stable version with related libraries sometime in the near future.
This project has dropped low on my priority list so I haven't exactly been keeping it nice an tidy.

(2014-07-02, 20:44)hellohello Wrote: Has anyone noticed a problem with scraping from Netflix through Playon?

been getting the following error:

Code:
07/02/2014 02:39:51 PM WARN    Archiving        Title cannot be found, it was expected to be found after one of [ - , : , :, -,  : ,  -- , .] in the file label "S04E02 Migration, Beakmania & Living Space"

Recently Netflix has started to separate episodes into Season folders and lopping off the title of the series from the filename and also removing the "dash" ( - ) from season/episode numbering the the title of the episode. I believe this is the problem. any ideas?

Yes, Netflix thru playon changed the format in which tehy list episodes, but the default parsing takes over and seems to work in my case.
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
(2014-07-23, 18:46)bradvido88 Wrote: Yes, Netflix thru playon changed the format in which tehy list episodes, but the default parsing takes over and seems to work in my case.

Ive noticed that default parsing may sort of work, but if there is multipart episodes it will use the season/episode number to do the match rather than the title. This can cause havoc on the rest of the season being "off by one".
hi!
has anyone tried out this tool in conjunction with XBMCTorrent? is it feasible?

Thank you
I know this is probably a very Noob question. I have my config.xml working well. It goes through and pulls the appropriate shows through Playon, from Hulu, Netflix and HBO GO. Everything comes through to XBMC and is cataloged appropriately and will run after the script is executed. But hours later, XBMC give an error that it can no longer find the file. When I run the script again, everything works as it is supposed, then after hours go by, XBMC can not find the files and the cycle continues.

Why does this happen and If I run the scan more often does it correct the problem?
(2014-08-01, 17:18)rmikulec Wrote: I know this is probably a very Noob question. I have my config.xml working well. It goes through and pulls the appropriate shows through Playon, from Hulu, Netflix and HBO GO. Everything comes through to XBMC and is cataloged appropriately and will run after the script is executed. But hours later, XBMC give an error that it can no longer find the file. When I run the script again, everything works as it is supposed, then after hours go by, XBMC can not find the files and the cycle continues.

Why does this happen and If I run the scan more often does it correct the problem?
Those sources change their links often, I remember someone suggesting running mylibrary every 4 hours so you don't get dead links..
(2014-08-01, 18:38)spyder Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 17:18)rmikulec Wrote: I know this is probably a very Noob question. I have my config.xml working well. It goes through and pulls the appropriate shows through Playon, from Hulu, Netflix and HBO GO. Everything comes through to XBMC and is cataloged appropriately and will run after the script is executed. But hours later, XBMC give an error that it can no longer find the file. When I run the script again, everything works as it is supposed, then after hours go by, XBMC can not find the files and the cycle continues.

Those sources change their links often, I remember someone suggesting running mylibrary every 4 hours so you don't get dead links..

Ok, that makes sense if the links are changing at the source. I will setup scheduler to run it every 4 hours and see how it goes.

Thank you!
Hi there,

The following is my configuration:

1) XBMC Gotham 13.1
2) Host machine is Windows 7 Professional
3) Installed a plugin to watch Hong Kong dramas from here. It is called plugin://plugin.video.azdrama. It can be downloaded here.
4) I am trying to build the plugin's video streams into the XBMC's video library so that I could push the contents to my Chromecast device as a render via BubbleUPNP; as BubbleUPNP is not able to browse the videos made available via the plugin.

Problems:
1) Plugin works fine when watched via the Windows machine running XBMC
2) Configured Config.xml to try scrape plugin://plugin.video.azdrama/HK Movies/. My config file can be seen here.

3) I'm getting errors i.e.:

"08/04/2014 03:34:39 PM WARN Archiving Cannot be archived: series=null, title=Unknown Quality, season=-1, episode=-1
azdrama.net/HK Movies/Delete My Love - Delete??/Delete My Love/Unknown Quality " .

Below are the various log files I have captured:

DEBUG.log
WARN.log
NOTICE.log
INFO.log

Appreciate if anybody can shed some lights on what's the root cause. Been troubleshooting for a while now but the error message doesn't seem to pin-point where to look.
(2014-08-01, 18:49)rmikulec Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 18:38)spyder Wrote:

Ok, that makes sense if the links are changing at the source. I will setup scheduler to run it every 4 hours and see how it goes.

Thank you!

OK, so updating every 4 hours worked better but it was not perfect. So I went to every two hours, but I still have the problem everyday where it can not play the show. When it happens I simply run the script and all is well again. I am just frustrated, because I do not know why the streaming links are breaking. Anyone have any ideas?
*EDIT: bradvido88 has the real solutionsNod
(2014-08-04, 09:44)kokwei Wrote: Hi there,

The following is my configuration:

1) XBMC Gotham 13.1
2) Host machine is Windows 7 Professional
3) Installed a plugin to watch Hong Kong dramas from here. It is called plugin://plugin.video.azdrama. It can be downloaded here.
4) I am trying to build the plugin's video streams into the XBMC's video library so that I could push the contents to my Chromecast device as a render via BubbleUPNP; as BubbleUPNP is not able to browse the videos made available via the plugin.

Problems:
1) Plugin works fine when watched via the Windows machine running XBMC
2) Configured Config.xml to try scrape plugin://plugin.video.azdrama/HK Movies/. My config file can be seen here.

3) I'm getting errors i.e.:

"08/04/2014 03:34:39 PM WARN Archiving Cannot be archived: series=null, title=Unknown Quality, season=-1, episode=-1
azdrama.net/HK Movies/Delete My Love - Delete??/Delete My Love/Unknown Quality " .

Below are the various log files I have captured:

DEBUG.log
WARN.log
NOTICE.log
INFO.log

Appreciate if anybody can shed some lights on what's the root cause. Been troubleshooting for a while now but the error message doesn't seem to pin-point where to look.
The naming format used by that plugin is atypical and not currently supported:
Code:
azdrama.net/HK Movies/Delete My Love - Delete??/Delete My Love/Unknown Quality
Something like this would work:
Code:
azdrama.net/HK Movies/Unknown Quality/Delete My Love

(2014-08-05, 22:45)rmikulec Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 18:49)rmikulec Wrote:
(2014-08-01, 18:38)spyder Wrote: Those sources change their links often, I remember someone suggesting running mylibrary every 4 hours so you don't get dead links..

Thank you!

OK, so updating every 4 hours worked better but it was not perfect. So I went to every two hours, but I still have the problem everyday where it can not play the show. When it happens I simply run the script and all is well again. I am just frustrated, because I do not know why the streaming links are breaking. Anyone have any ideas?
Every time the PlayOn service restarts, the URLs for all their videos change and need to be rescanned. Howver, playon should only restart nightly if it's working correctly. Check and see if you are having problems where Playon is crashing and restarting its service frequently
XBMC.MyLibrary (add anything to the library)
ForTheLibrary (Argus TV & XBMC Library PVR Integration)
SageTV & XBMC PVR Integration
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC.MyLibrary - Scan any source to the library (Hulu/Netflix/Plugins)10