TVDB scraper
Hi,

I've been looking around for this and so far without any luck. I looks to me that if a TV Show is not found in TVDB by the scraper then the show is dropped from the databases.

Is it possible, somehow, to say that everything in a given dir is TV Shows and if they are not found in the DB then they will make them "dir" for show and "filename" for episode .. or something like that?

Martin
You could make an NFO:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...y#TV_Shows

Probably a bit long winded but simple enough.

Just out of curiosity what TV show is it?

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Quote:Is it possible, somehow, to say that everything in a given dir is TV Shows and if they are not found in the DB then they will make them "dir" for show and "filename" for episode .. or something like that?
I was considering this myself, I it would be nice with a paramter "just add it by filename"

I though I could just add some code in the end of the scraper but the scrapers are not "normal" add-on code, it is regex based. I don't fully understant the limitations.
pseudo7 Wrote:You could make an NFO:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Imp...y#TV_Shows

Probably a bit long winded but simple enough.

Just out of curiosity what TV show is it?

Spice Trade from BBC, but the point is that there are lots of (non US) shows which are not there or the scraper is a tad "pedantic" and the shows does not show up. Many times I'll be more happy with the name only than none - and I really don't want to go around add nfo files. Worse yet - how do I know which ones are not found .. I can not even get that list.

What I wish for is a scarper which always use the file name and then - if a match in a database is found - update the information. Not the look up and and find what was found method used.

Martin Cool
Yeah it is annoying when that happens, it would be a cool option to add media no matter what then attach scraper information to it. We'll have to wait for that though I think

However so far as the show doesn't exist I think an important factor is that these sites are community run - the only reason the shows are in there is because someone put the effort into putting them there.

It would be cool if you added them to tvdb then others could benefit. Even if it was a season name and it's episodes then others could build on it.

I realise not all people have the time to but to me it almost seems like an altruistic gesture - which seem to be the best.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
pseudo7 Wrote:Yeah it is annoying when that happens, it would be a cool option to add media no matter what then attach scraper information to it. We'll have to wait for that though I think
It would be cool if you added them to tvdb then others could benefit. Even if it was a season name and it's episodes then others could build on it.

I do not mind adding the shows, but xbmc does not even give me a way to see which ones are now added. xmbc would have a list of unmatched shows it would be a lot easier.

However I'll even rather that the scraper was less pedantic and just tried a few variations. I e.g like to have the "main star" of a show as a part of the show folder name. That xmbc can not understand and it becomes messy to store your shows.

Martin
xbmc does have option to hide watched episodes in library mode so makes list of unwatched rather useless. You select this option same place where sorting is selected further down. theres quite a few bugs on trunk atm regarding scrapers and behaviours anyway.
X3lectric Wrote:xbmc does have option to hide watched episodes in library mode so makes list of unwatched rather useless. You select this option same place where sorting is selected further down. theres quite a few bugs on trunk atm regarding scrapers and behaviours anyway.

It was not a list of unwatched but a list of unmatched. A list of shows that the scraper didn't find.

The scraper does have some issues to be "nice" - two more I've run into:

1. if tvdm is updated the only way, afik, to get your show info updated in a batch is by deleting the show info and re-add the show thing

2. getting show info from tvdb where the only thing there is is the number is annoying too.

I'm not saying that this is not useable as it is and eg. will encurrage people to update tvdb .. but it is not what I would call userfriendly :-)

Martin
Without getting anyone's panties in a knot...

Why not try Media Companion or Ember Media Manager. You can control scraping of posters and episode thumbs, and can see when a show or episode hasn't been scraped properly.

Both programs put the relevant nfo and thumbs with the shows and episodes, so XBMC doesn't have to scrape from the net.

Bonus is you scrape once, and if you need to rebuild your tv shows, the info doesn't have to be re-scraped each time.

My two cents.Nod

(reason for first line is some people believe this shouldn't be necessary, but when you have two or more instances of XBMC, it speeds up the library update. Me I have one PC with XBMC and three Xbox's with XBMC)
Media Companion Dev.
Media Companion - Kodi / XBMC - Media Companion
The don't work on linux as far as I know.
Actually - that would be a nice feature (the "unmatched" items thing). Go ahead an fill a feature-request on the tracker. It will find way more developer-attention there.
Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

unmatched, my bad, well, thers certain naming convention that prevent tvdb fro scrapping the correct episodes regardless if they exist on tvdb or not.

In fact it has other side effects on the already watched episodes marker as well, i have opened a bug report for this observable and real issue.

other than certain pre named episodes being unscrapable or unmatched because of how they are named originally is a problem idk if its a scrapper issue or a whoever is naming them.

I have always found thers no rhyme or reason on how some people name their stuff.
There's a patch on trac for adding unmatched items to the library. Unfortunately the person who wrote it has given up on it and it wasn't complete. It certainly could be used as a starting point.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Quote:There's a patch on trac

This is a patch to allow a scraper to do that or it is a patch for scraper and it is already possible?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TVDB scraper0