Mod help.. Bluray cases
BIG Alaska
Alaska Revisted

I have gone bald, i have pulled all my hair out..
Iam no code in anyway but i have been tried to find out how to copy the code from BIG Alska to Alaska Revisited ...

I think this is very easy for someone how know what they are doing..
So can some help me !!
Are you just trying to use the BIG Alaska colored cases (Bluray, DVD, etc) in the Poster views of Alaska Revisited? What version of Revisited are you working with? The most recent for use with the nightlies, or are you using Revisited v2.76?

The reason I ask is that I can try to work up a small mod over the weekend, time permitting, of course. Wink
Amra Wrote:Are you just trying to use the BIG Alaska colored cases (Bluray, DVD, etc) in the Poster views of Alaska Revisited? What version of Revisited are you working with? The most recent for use with the nightlies, or are you using Revisited v2.76?

The reason I ask is that I can try to work up a small mod over the weekend, time permitting, of course. Wink

Iam using the most recent ver.
=)

Now iam happy =)
By the way, where did you get those bond posters? Smile
biljard Wrote:By the way, where did you get those bond posters? Smile

Google is your friend, says Big Brother!
Amra Wrote:Are you just trying to use the BIG Alaska colored cases (Bluray, DVD, etc) in the Poster views of Alaska Revisited? What version of Revisited are you working with? The most recent for use with the nightlies, or are you using Revisited v2.76?

Amra,
i've been trying to get the dvd-cases and a few views from Big Alaska to revisited (mixed banner, fanart, low-list, media info), but with the different use of textures in revisited, i can't get some things like the borders, overlays, logos, ... to work.

if you would ever make that blu-ray mod, would it be a lot of effort to include those views as well?
ironmantetsuo Wrote:Amra,
i've been trying to get the dvd-cases and a few views from Big Alaska to revisited (mixed banner, fanart, low-list, media info), but with the different use of textures in revisited, i can't get some things like the borders, overlays, logos, ... to work.

if you would ever make that blu-ray mod, would it be a lot of effort to include those views as well?
Yeah, unfortunately, adding those extra views in addition to the cases requested by Primary Master would indeed be a lot more work than I can do right now, sorry. As you can tell by my signature, I am working on a new skin (got a new, bigger TV and have grown a little bored with BIG Alaska) and just decided to take a small break from it today to help out PrimaryMaster.
@PrimaryMaster
I did a little bit so far for movies but still have to do the TV cases & fix the Info slide animation since with the cases it doesn't look right now. Although, please read on for more thoughts on that.

FYI... with this small mod I have added two new video views, "Cases Fixed" and "Cases Wrap" instead of outright changing the original poster views. My question to you, and anyone else who is interested in the cases, do you absolutley need/want the poster info slide animation on these two new views? Or will you be okay with just the info screen displaying like in any other view, such as Files or Landscape views?

My personal preference would be NOT to have the poster sliding back into place when closing the Info screen since you are going from no cases in the info screen to suddenly having cases in the video view.

Just curious. Anyway, here is the screenshot.

Also, note that the case displayed for any given poster is firstly dependent on the file name (.bluray, .bdrip, .hddvd, .dvd, etc) but, as with BIG Alaska, I have tried to make some assumptions based on video resolution so that a movie with 720 or 1080 resolution will display the Bluray case even if the filename has not been tagged with ".bluray" or ".bdrip".

The cases available will be: Bluray, HDDVD, DVD, Movie Sets, TV, & Season.
Okay, here you go.

DOWNLOAD Cases Mod
Note that this is for the latest version of Revisited (v2.9.8) as of today.

- To Install, I would strongly suggest that you make a copy of the skin.alaska.revisited folder and rename it to something else such as "skin.alaska.revisited.cases". Otherwise, the next time Revisted is updated, the mod will be overwritten & disappear. Be sure to edit the addon.xml file in your new folder and change the ID & Name tags appropriately.

- Next, extract the above archive to your new skin's folder. It will overwrite 4 xml files and add all the cases artwork in the media folder.

- Start up XBMC & switch to your new skin. When in your video library there should now be 2 new video views (for Movies, TVShows & Seasons) called "CASES FIXED" & "CASES WRAP". All previous Poster views were left as is.

BTW, I ended up removing the poster slide animation on the two new views. It was too much of a hassle for me to include it right now.

Test it out & let me know if you find any errors. Enjoy. Big Grin
Amra Wrote:Yeah, unfortunately, adding those extra views in addition to the cases requested by Primary Master would indeed be a lot more work than I can do right now, sorry.

yes, i understand, no problem.
thanks for the cases. they bring me one step closer already Smile

EDIT: i just had a look at the preview pics linked in your sig...
nvm my request. seems i'll be switching skins soon anyway Big Grin
I love it.. =)

Its to bad that the nice poster slide animation dont work.. but that i can liv width that...

thax Amra !! =)
Thanks guys. BTW, I noticed an error after uploading the mod yesterday. I forgot to include the poster diffuse on the unfocused cases so I fixed that & have updated the download in POST#9. So, if you downloaded it earlier, you should do so again & re-apply the mod. The unfocused cases look & blend in better diffused. That's what I get for doing this quick & dirty. Rolleyes

@ironmantetsuo
Thanks for the compliment on Metropolis. It's going to be a while yet as I only started on it a few weeks ago. I'll open a discussion thread on it when I have something to release.
is there a way to add HDTV !?
now all my HDTV rip looks like bluray rips! ?
PrimaryMaster Wrote:is there a way to add HDTV !?
Oops, didn't think of that. It should be easy enough to do. Let me putz around with it later tonight.
PrimaryMaster Wrote:is there a way to add HDTV !?
Sorry for the dealy but I PM'd you with an update to test. Let me know if it works. Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mod help.. Bluray cases0