Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC (unofficial iOS remote)
Hi scl23enn4m3, currently my app doesn't support the most recent nightly builds. I'm currently working on an update which will also include preliminary support for Frodo nightly builds. You can either downgrade XBMC to the latest stable version (Eden) or you can become a beta tester to get early access to new features.
A few weeks ago I released a minor update (1.5.1) bringing button tap-and-hold repeat functionality for navigation controls as well as the volume decrease and increase buttons. With that I was also preparing new seek functionality which will be available soon with a new version (1.6.0) that I submitted to Apple over the weekend and is awaiting approval.

The full list of changes for the upcoming version:

- Fast-forward and rewind by tap-and-holding |<< and >>| buttons.
- Progress control is now a slider which can be dragged to seek.
- Added suspend and reboot options to power button.
- Very preliminary support for Frodo nightly builds.
- Improved volume slider graphics.
- Fix starting a song, album or artist shuffled or unshuffled with Eden.
- Internal network robustness improvements.
I was on a short weekend break, but in the meantime, XBMC Remote Control for iPad version 1.6.0 has been approved and is now available on the App Store.
Thanks Gert for this app, I dont need the Popcorn hour a400 now, haha
I just submitted a version 1.7.0 to the app store which will have additional eye-candy when browsing your music and TV shows (see updated screenshots in the first post). The full change list for the upcoming version:

- Show TV show banners or posters in list of TV shows.
- Show latest album art in list of artists.
- Changed label "Hostname" to "Host" in settings (because IP address is a valid value too).
- Fix issue when playing an airplay stream.
- Fix issue with music in latest Frodo builds.

I will update this post when the version is available.
XBMC Remote Control for iPad version 1.7.0 has been approved and is now available on the App Store.
hey thanks, it looks great
Version 1.8.0 is now available on the App Store. This release renames the application to "Remote Control for XBMC" and has many internal improvements using the latest iOS features (requiring iOS 5 as of this version), preparing for iPhone/iPod touch support.

Yep, you read that correctly: support for iPhone and iPod touch devices is coming! But before that's finished, this release pushes some improvements made in the process so far and fixes compatibility with the upcoming XBMC Frodo (12.0) release.

Here's full list of changes for this release:

- Support XBMC 12.0 Frodo release.
- Add clean library support (for XBMC Eden and up).
- Add placeholder texts to in-appliaction settings text fields (hinting that either IP or hostname can be filled out).
- Add clear button to in-application settings.
- Fix repeating buttons that could repeat indefinitely on application exit while repeating.
- Fix rewind and fast-forward wrapping to normal speed.
- User interface tweaks and improvements.
- Requires iOS 5.x.
Hello,

i'am looking for a iPad XBMC Remote app to control music playback easily. Before buying the app I like to clarify if it success my needs Wink
I only need the music playback via the 'play-queue'. I like to add songs, albums and artists easily to the queue, modify the order of the queue and delete songs from the queue. Does this app fit this?

Is a trial version for at least one day available?

best regards
Jörg
@horchi: I have spent a lot of effort on making music browsing and playing seamlessly, but the one thing I haven't yet implemented is support for queing and modifying the current list of songs that are playing. So if that's the main reason, I'll be honest: I'm not sure if my app will fit your needs at this moment. If you want to give it a try without buying it I can give you a promo code that you can use on the App Store. If you want, drop me a line at [email protected].
Version 2.0.0 and 2.0.1 have been available in the App Store for a while, which as of 2.0.0 includes iPhone support! I wanted to first redesign its dedicated page on my site, but it took a lot longer than I thought so the announcement is a bit late. For more info on this update check out http://code-muse.com/2013/07/30/redesign...bmc-remote

To find out more about Remote Control for XBMC check it's revamped page at http://code-muse.com/remote-control-for-xbmc
I have completely redesigned Remote Control for XBMC from the ground up for iOS 7, for more information and side-by-side screen comparisons, see my blog post at http://code-muse.com/2013/11/23/remote-c...c-on-ios-7. For everyone out there who's already using my app, it's a free update, and version 3.0.0 is available as of today.

To find out more about Remote Control for XBMC see http://code-muse.com/remote-control-for-xbmc or download it from the App Store.
Hi

I'm an iPhone user since last week and I'm searching for the perfect XBMC Remote. The official one is nice, but yours looks so clean and sleek.
However I have one small question, on the official remote you can longpress the subtitles button to launch the xbmc subtitles addon while playing.

Do you have a shortcut for that in your app? So you don't have to go trough the OSD everytime to launch the subtitle downloader?

Thanks in advance!
At the moment there is no shortcut for the subtitles add-on, but it would be a very useful feature. I would use it myself a lot too! I'll put it on the todo list and see what I can do!
Great and thanks for the reply Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Control for Kodi and XBMC (unofficial iOS remote)2