Unable to playback HD Video Anymore
It seems i am now unable to playback any form of hd video on my HTPC in both versions 10 and 10.1. It started when one day audio through hdmi seemed to stop so i updated my onboard hd4200 drivers to the latest to see if that would fix the problem. I was able to get audio back however whenever i try to run any hd video it now plays for a second or two then the screen goes back as if the cpu is trying to render it all (and the one i have i know cant). I've tested the same videos in vlc with DXVA2 enabled and they play normally. I was wondering how i could fix this issue shy of completely clearing my xbmc settings (i've uninstalled and reinstalled xbmc as well to no avail) or reformatting my computer in hopes it will fix it.
We need a debug log to see what's happening. Enable debug logging in System settings, System, Debugging then try to play a video. To open the debug log close XBMC, press Windows-R and in the Run dialog type:

notepad %appdata%\xbmc\xbmc.log

Go to pastebin.com, paste in the contents of the log and post the link here.

The symptoms you describe are similar to those when XBMC can't find an audio device. When you say VLC is working I assume the sound is working as well. If so, check the audio settings in XBMC in case it's trying to send sound to a non-existant audio device.

JR
Mute point now I guess as I couldn't wait forever for a response so i just deleted my XBMC config folder in userdata and it seems to have fixed the issue. Seeing as i use both sickbeard and couch potato it didn't take that long to rebuild my library
I had an issue similar to this. I did a bunch of testing and it appeared to come about when my wife watches a DVD... After that it refuses to play some resolutions. The only fix I could find was to set xbmc to windowed full screen. After doing that it played again. Then when I reset to proper full screen it kept on working. Fortunately we hardly ever watch DVDs.
My current HTPC Setup
I spoke too soon, it seems that it is back again, i had only previously tested to confirmed it works on sd content. HD content still runs into this issue (where it seems to stutter or hardly play back at all, audio has returned since me reinstalling my ati drivers), here is the log that i found trying to do some hd playback
http://pastebin.com/y2EiVD5Q

What was recommended (the windows r stuff) did not work for me though.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to playback HD Video Anymore0