Show movie langauge "flag"
Shaolin Wrote:I would also like to see this implemented in confluence; specifically to show the language of the different subtitles stored locally. Thought I'd share some flags in case anyone decides to take this up.

Link to the flags individually: http://s1041.photobucket.com/albums/b413...BMC/Flags/

@Shaolin, I've taken this a bit further than I was going to, now Convergence will first check the file name for a 3 digit code eg .Eng. including the fullstops, on not finding the code will then check the XBMC library for a subtitle listing to display. There was a couple of reasons I did this, firstly my subtitles are contained inside the mkv container and secondly I'm born South African but living in the UK and wanted to flag my collection of South African movies. Also others who do not agree with the flag of choice eg Union Jack for english can edit the movie title with USA , AUS or whatever.

What I do need is a fallback for Unknown and I am no artist if someone could do something along the lines of these flags i'd be grateful. I quite like the question mark in this unknown genre icon.
Noli illegitimi carborundum

Hi,
This already looks great but I am looking for more:
I would like to get an information if the video contains more then one language in audio or subtitle, which one is default and such.
I was looking for something like this.
Can that pe implemented somehow? This would save me to first start the movie and then check for alternative audio...
Thank you,
knochentrocken.
Assuming from your nick, I think you can speak German...
You might take a look here:
http://www.xbmcnerds.com/index.php?page=...threadID=4

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
Thank you for greate news!

Is there any skin with filtering language capabilities. For example, to select only movies with English audio track and Russian subtitles.

.nfo file contains language data so the best way would be to take this info from metadata.

<audio>
<codec>dca</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>
stardust Wrote:Thank you for greate news!

Is there any skin with filtering language capabilities. For example, to select only movies with English audio track and Russian subtitles.

.nfo file contains language data so the best way would be to take this info from metadata.

<audio>
<codec>dca</codec>
<language>eng</language>
<channels>6</channels>
</audio>

i suggest you create a smart-playlist, something like that:

Quote:<smartplaylist type="movies">
<name>movies-eng-rus</name>
<match>all</match>
<rule field="subtitlelanguage" operator="is">rus</rule>
<rule field="audiolanguage" operator="is">eng</rule>
</smartplaylist>

i can not test it here but should work
So finally is it possible to implement it? I mean, flags for every audio and subtitle language.

Alaska group seems to be working on it but I don't see the code to implement it.

Hitcher Wrote:http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98279&page=2 Subtitle language support has been added for the next release.

I've just asked but currently we can only use the first subtitle language but as soon as multiple languages can be used I'll simply use a fadelabel to show each one consecutively in the same panel.

Also, it could be great to have more info of each track. Per example, DTS or AC3, of every track.
To sum up:
for each audio track: language flag and audio codec flag (it could be one only flag with both information)
for each subtitle: language flag

How to do it? Come on experts!
apañero Wrote:Come on experts!
it's not possible to display this info in the skin as long as xbmc doesn't support it.
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
ronie Wrote:it's not possible to display this info in the skin as long as xbmc doesn't support it.

Is it not possible If you add the language and subtitle info to the name of the file?? You read the info, you display what is readed... I think you only need a good Regular Expression to get the info, don't you?

If subtitles are out of the video file:
Movie.AC3ES.DTSEN.mkv
Movie.Subtitle.EN.srt
Movie.Subtitle.ES.srt

If subtitles are in the video file:
Movie.AC3ES.DTSEN.SUBEN.SUBES.mkv

Language&Audio flags activated: AC3ES, DTSEN
Subtitle flags activated: EN,ES

Is this not possible? We would need to change the name of the files but... better than nothing. It's a really useful information to have.
apañero Wrote:If subtitles are in the video file:
Movie.AC3ES.DTSEN.SUBEN.SUBES.mkv

Language&Audio flags activated: AC3ES, DTSEN
Subtitle flags activated: EN,ES

Is this not possible? We would need to change the name of the files but... better than nothing. It's a really useful information to have.

yup, that might work actually.

now all you need is to find someone to code a script to do the renaming for you ;-)
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
And with using that you will hit others problems i have read somewhere cause the .EN. could be part of the title instead of it being the language
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:And with using that you will hit others problems i have read somewhere cause the .EN. could be part of the title instead of it being the language

Hmm...if you have the dots "."EN"." around the language code that won't happen...
Had same issue before, as my visible tag did not have the dots...some movies showed up with english flag because of the title, but wioth dots everything is fine...

cheers,
mad-max
- - - Tribute to Metallica - - -
If I managed to help you, please click my reputation
mad-max Wrote:Hmm...if you have the dots "."EN"." around the language code that won't happen...
Had same issue before, as my visible tag did not have the dots...some movies showed up with english flag because of the title, but wioth dots everything is fine...

cheers,
mad-max

Right! Laugh

PHP Code:
<visible>substring(listitem.filename,.en.)</visible
mad-max Wrote:Hmm...if you have the dots "."EN"." around the language code that won't happen...

cheers,
mad-max

Here one to prove you wrong Big Grin

Dutch movie:
Anubis.en.de.wraak.van.arghus.mkv
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Martijn Wrote:Here one to prove you wrong Big Grin

Dutch movie:
Anubis.en.de.wraak.van.arghus.mkv

Ohhh, here we have english and german Smile
Ember Media Manager can add sound tracks language to the .nfo files (and subtitles language also i think), but the info has to be added by hand.
Adding the language codes to the name can be done using a prefix - just like XBMC knows that s[X]e[X] pattern is for seasons numbering something like a[EN]s[0] can used for a movie without subs and English audio.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Show movie langauge "flag"0