Audio through home theater is low
Hi guys,

I am running XBMC Live on a box with a normal audio cable (the 3.5mm jack). I have connected that from the sound card, to the TV Audio in (I am using a VGA cable... no HDMI...). I then have an Audio Out (RCA) from the TV, to my Home Theater amp...

I find that I have to pump the volume knob to over 50% on the amp to get enough volume.... (XBMC volume set to full). But due to this, I hear some Hisss...

I also notice that when I am listening to the audio through the TV only, I have the TV volume up to around 90%. Normally, I have the TV volume (When not using XBMC) at around 25%, and the same with my Amp... Volume listening to other inputs, at around 30% is pretty loud...

Any ideas? Seems like I am having to amplify the sound quite a lot.
I assume you have used the audio mixer add-on to change the alsa volume already?
Nope! Sad

Gonna try that now...

Actually, where do I find that?
Found it, tried it, but its on full... Sad
What if you connect the sound directly to the amp?

I use XBMC on a Mac Mini (running WinXP via Bootcamp) with a DVI to HDMI connector from the Mac to the TV, and a separate cable from the Mac headphone jack to my amp (a Marantz 6010). I find the sound level is close to that from my CD player i.e. if I switch between XBMC and the CD player the sound level is similar.

This is so obvious that I'm sure you've done it, but have you checked that the volume is at max within XBMC? Press + on the keyboard to check.

JR

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Audio through home theater is low0