Videos Covers
Question 
I have Family videos,
they goes by name and to each has a folder cover (JPG) within the folder

\My Wedding\VIDEO_TS files and cover.jpg
\Road Trip\VIDEO_TS files and cover.jpg
\01.08.1997-21.09.1997 - BD Parties\VIDEO_TS files and cover.jpg
hundreds of them...

how can i set the covers to the folders in XBMC? the "SET content" does not allow my to choose my own..

Have tried to use the same folder name for the JPG file,
Have tried to rename the filename -> "folder.jpg",
and Have tried to change the extantion to XX.JPG ->XX.TBN,
none helped.

tnx
When you have added the movies to XBMC you can change the cover manually by pressing 'C' or right click on the movie itself and then go to Film Information. Go to Thumb(which is the cover for the film) and at the bottom you can chose Browse.... Now just navigate your way to your own cover and add it.
Had this same problem myself.

All you need to rename them to VIDEO_TS.tbn and then you will be able to see them just fine, though you will need to do a refresh in the movie info.

Make sure that they are capitalized just like that, or you still won't see them.
Sad 
Tight_wad - renamed the JPG files but no change in Video-files XBMC... cant see the file and still have the blue folder thumbnail to the left of the list. how did you worked it up?

Vexxan - when pressing "c" or right click on the Movie itself i get no "file information" - i have "movie information" than i need to give a name to the "movie" for it to serach in the MovieDB... so cant change the thumb. even when "set content" is set to "none" (insted of "Movie"

Got to be a simple way with that?

tnx
I sorry, I kind of jump the gun and thought that you might have already set things to have movie info, my bad.

You would need to make a simple nfo for your movie so that it can scrape something. You could just copy one from another real movie and then make changes to it. Here is a modified example of mine that I use. Name it VIDEO_TS.nfo and place it with the VIDEO_TS.tbn.

Code:
<movie>
<title>Fun in the Sun Family Videos</title>
<originaltitle>Family Videos</originaltitle>
<year>2009</year>
<plot>No plot, just real life</plot>
<tagline>Family fun</tagline>
<runtime>123</runtime>
<mpaa>Rated G</mpaa>
<genre>Home Videos</genre>
<director>Me</director>
</movie>

Set your content to movie, use folder lookup, scan recursively, and make sure that the use local file lookup is unmark so that it uses them. I would not do it automatic scan, or the check path for new content (something like that), but instead, do just one.

Go to file view, locate it, and do an "I" and it should scrape it from local. Now you should have it showing up in Library view. If you want it to show in file view, and it doesn't, just go to the movie info and do a "get thumb" and reselect the local one.

This should do it.
Thumbs Up 
tnx,

now i can even add up some info about every movie !

that's gr8!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Videos Covers0