Unable to inject software after greenpois0n JB
Hi,

Been looking around for clues to this issue i am experiencing, so its my hope that someone here has found a way to solve this problem...

I have succesfully (?) jailbreaked my atv2, and after restarting the atv, i get the greenpois0n menu items as expected. However, when i click the inject software option, absolutely nothing happens. The machine freezes for a minute or two, changes to a greenpoison screensaver after which i can return to the menu system and start over. What is more interesting is this has happened on several atvs now. Any ideas anyone??

Some standard Info, version reads 4.1.1 in ATV as it should, and yes the network is connected.

All ideas appreciated
Sounds like a jailbreak problem rather than an xbmc problem. You're probably not gonna get much help here.
Hidd3nFury Wrote:Sounds like a jailbreak problem rather than an xbmc problem. You're probably not gonna get much help here.

Are you connected to the internet?

PS - As Hidd3nFury alludes to, this is an XBMC/iOS forum, so I would not be surprised if this thread is moved to the Off-Topic forum. That said, most iOS users are ATV users and as such we do care about such issues (there have been many jailbreak threads here). We will help when we can.

Good luck.
Dk_monster Wrote:Hi,

Been looking around for clues to this issue i am experiencing, so its my hope that someone here has found a way to solve this problem...

I have succesfully (?) jailbreaked my atv2, and after restarting the atv, i get the greenpois0n menu items as expected. However, when i click the inject software option, absolutely nothing happens. The machine freezes for a minute or two, changes to a greenpoison screensaver after which i can return to the menu system and start over. What is more interesting is this has happened on several atvs now. Any ideas anyone??

Some standard Info, version reads 4.1.1 in ATV A's it should, and yes the network is connected.

All ideas appreciated

I've had this issue when I wasn't connected to the internet.
Thanks for your comments. I realise this should be for of-topic, and expect it to be moved, but am unable to start thread there.

The box is indeed connected to the internet. I can access all internet functions in the ATV without problems. I have moved it to another network with no change. The error seems systematic as I have "jailbreaked" three atv's in a row, and all are having the samme issue. A friend of mine has tried to jailbreak his, and is now experiencing the same problem. We are quite obviously doing something wrong Smile
Try pwnage tool if greenpois0n is not working for you (consult clarified.com or google for it).
Dk_monster Wrote:Thanks for your comments. I realise this should be for of-topic, and expect it to be moved, but am unable to start thread there.

The box is indeed connected to the internet. I can access all internet functions in the ATV without problems. I have moved it to another network with no change. The error seems systematic as I have "jailbreaked" three atv's in a row, and all are having the samme issue. A friend of mine has tried to jailbreak his, and is now experiencing the same problem. We are quite obviously doing something wrong Smile

The tutorials at http://www.appletvblogr.com are pretty good... I'd start there. Pwnagetool or Seas0npass are probably easier jailbreaks to use.
Problem solved. In the end this was actually a DNS error with TeleGreenland that resolved cache.saurik.com incorrectly. Once I changed my DNS to Googles, all went smooth. Took me (us) a while to figure that one out :/
Dk_monster Wrote:Problem solved. In the end this was actually a DNS error with TeleGreenland that resolved cache.saurik.com incorrectly. Once I changed my DNS to Googles, all went smooth. Took me (us) a while to figure that one out :/

Weird one... I'm guessing saurik.com has changed IP's in the not too distant past and some ISP's DNS servers aren't getting the update.

I tried Google's servers but they were slower than OpenDNS in my case (according to namebench) so I switched back.
Eric_S Wrote:Try pwnage tool if greenpois0n is not working for you (consult clarified.com or google for it).

Pwnagetool has been good in the past but 4.3 has issues, on iOS 4.3 anyway. Haven't tried PT 4.3 on iOS 4.2.1.

Anyone know if Pwnagetool 4.3 has issues with iOS 4.2.1?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Unable to inject software after greenpois0n JB0