How to install script.tv.show.next.aired
Good Evening.
I would like to first applaud your skin and all its features and functionality. I wanted to understand how you were able to implement script.tv.show.next.aired they way you did. I am interested in using back row as the foundation for mods and developing my skinning techniques.
Thanks.
Erich
Hello charrua72

There a few steps you need to take:

1) Make the addon a required element in the addon.xml (that way it will auto download it).
2) Get the script to run by making it trigger in the Startup.xml
3) I then created an includes file to set up various instances of how the data will display - I called this IncludesNextAired.xml.
4) Then use the various includes within that previous file throughout the different views as required.

If you look through those files that should be a good start.

Cheers
Thanks very much Sharpe. As always you are a great reference/teacher. I look forward on starting my investigations.
Cheers.
Good stuff - let me know how you get on.
This is going to be harder than I thought.
I am understanding the concept the more I read, and play around.
It would be great to have the .xml files numbered in the order you should tackle them.
i.e: PAL16X9> 1. HOME.XML, 2. INCLUDES.XML, 3. DEFAULTS.XML
The wiki has a great outline for understanding....and my suggestion would help also in trying to get a "hands-on" training guide.
Any help you can supply would be very much appreciated.
Cheers.
Erich
Erich

To be honest to learn skinning I wouldn't start with Back Row - it's a little different compared to many other skins as I'm still working towards switching it to fully 720p. So it's going throw up complications for you.

If I were you, what I would do to begin with is use the "Foundation" skin. That skin has been created to help new skinners learn the ropes in a simple logical way - like you mention.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to install script.tv.show.next.aired0