How do I increase the local cache value
for video playback. I was having some stuttering play back problems in XBMC and VLC with 1080p files or in 480p files during a lot of action or panning. I fixed the problem in VLC by raising the local play back "caching values" (under Access modules ---> Files) from 600 ms to around 1400 ms. I know in XBMC I have to change something in the advancedsettings.xml but I am unsure as to what I have to add. Thanks in advance for any help!

PS I have a Mac Pro 6 core 3.2Ghz model with an ATI card and plenty of RAM running 10.6.7. So I am guessing this has something to do with not having proper GPU support. Since ATI is not support by XBMC under Mac OSX for now correct?
RoverTX Wrote:for video playback. I was having some stuttering play back problems in XBMC and VLC with 1080p files or in 480p files during a lot of action or panning. I fixed the problem in VLC by raising the local play back "caching values" (under Access modules ---> Files) from 600 ms to around 1400 ms. I know in XBMC I have to change something in the advancedsettings.xml but I am unsure as to what I have to add. Thanks in advance for any help!

PS I have a Mac Pro 6 core 3.2Ghz model with an ATI card and plenty of RAM running 10.6.7. So I am guessing this has something to do with not having proper GPU support. Since ATI is not support by XBMC under Mac OSX for now correct?

The cache is obsolete and as far as I remember only used on XBOX.
So its not the same issue then. Will put something up and provide log, though from what I have read this is just an ATI issue correct?
RoverTX Wrote:for video playback. I was having some stuttering play back problems in XBMC and VLC with 1080p files or in 480p files during a lot of action or panning. I fixed the problem in VLC by raising the local play back "caching values" (under Access modules ---> Files) from 600 ms to around 1400 ms. I know in XBMC I have to change something in the advancedsettings.xml but I am unsure as to what I have to add. Thanks in advance for any help!

Um...no...You have plenty of CPU power to offset VDA support. IF I can run full 1080p rips /w 2.8 Quad i7, then you shouldn't have a problem.
Sorry thought the issue was deeper then just VDA support and was also related some how to the graphics card and the display itself, sorry must have miss read something. It does it with and with out VDA support on and after redoing my whole XBMC Library files.... so.... um... yeah. So once again, when I get a chance to get logs off the machine tomorrow I will do so. Sorry for the delay.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I increase the local cache value0