• 13(current)
Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak
jd2157 Wrote:The only SMB problem I know of at the moment is solved with the latest Seas0npass jb. Mine's on iOS 4.3 with the latest nightly build from April 1st and SMB shares are working fine.

I'm on the same boat. SMB works fine.
ldi9999 Wrote:Thanks for explaining this.
- I don't really need all those new features
- Guess I have to re-code those 720p Xvid to h264
- I hope AC3 issue would be fixed soon
- Random crashes and stuttering are real issues to me.
Xbmc crashed and went back to aptv main menu quite a few times while i was navigating through the movie collections
I played a movie and fast forwarded a few times. Then the movie started stuttering, like slow motion pictures. Nothing fixes it unless stop it and replay.

I run into that same stuttering issue with mkv fwd and it may stutter most of the time others it may not. Always seems to be real slow on full screen movies.
The fast forward bug is a known bug of the audio engine and not related to the nightly builds. Its also there on 4.2.1 and the last official release.

The AC3 issue with 4.3.1 seems to be a jailbreak issue since it worked with the tethered jb and 4.3.1 before (as of other users which have tested it). So please don't mix it up. Not everything is XBMCs fault Wink

ciao

Memphiz

PS: There maybe more issues with the current untethered jb tools ... so it looks like its the best for just waiting a bit longer for a working one ...
Memphiz Wrote:The AC3 issue with 4.3.1 seems to be a jailbreak issue since it worked with the tethered jb and 4.3.1 before (as of other users which have tested it). So please don't mix it up. Not everything is XBMCs fault Wink

I don't know about that. I remember when xbmc first came to ATV2, I was on the original firmware (jailbroken and untethered), 4.1 (8M89). I had the same issue with static noise when I enabled AC3 and DTS.

This was then fixed when I updated to 4.2.1 (8C154)... But has now come back on 4.3 (8F191m) & 4.3.1 (8F202) with BOTH tethered and untethered jailbreaks

So I'm wondering if it's something in the firmware itself that is causing it?
Because both tethered and untethered jailbreaks worked with 4.2.1 no matter if I used pwnage tool, seas0npass or greenpois0n. They all worked without issue.

EDIT: In fact.. I might go back to 4.1 just to see if it now works with the latest nightly. I'll report back if it works or not.

EDIT2: Yep.. Just tested both latest official and nightly builds of xbmc on 4.1. They have the same static audio issue with AC3 and DTS.
So my findings are as follows:
4.1 (8M89) = AC3/DTS not working
4.2 (8C150) = AC3/DTS unknown
4.2.1 (8C154) = AC3/DTS working
4.3 (8F191m) = AC3/DTS not working
4.3.1 (8F202) = AC3/DTS not working
mhhh good findings ... thx man ... so maybe apple messed things up and some people may have still luck with working ac3/dts ... since there seem to be some people with 4.3.x and ac3 working its hard to believe that apple has changed the API ... but they did something to the hdmi handshake (its slower then with 4.2.1) ... maybe they broke audio stuff there ... its a mess Big Grin
Is anyone else noticing hardware acceleration not working as well as it did prior to 4.3? I'm using the April 1 nightly and it seems anything 1080p will stutter, even MPEG2. I've tested these files on earlier official builds and they all play back smoothly.
Currently xbmc official on 4.2.1 is the most stable version. Everything works as expected.
ldi9999 Wrote:Currently xbmc official on 4.2.1 is the most stable version. Everything works as expected.

Yeah I agree... I found that the official version performs a little better with HD content.
The latest nightly seems to run into occasional buffering issues.
I did my best to follow all the instructions in the thread. XBMC will not see any SMB shares even if I type them in. My UPnP shares are not showing up either and I have several of those on different machines. I experienced the same thing with the regular build of XBMC which is why I tried the nightly build. I suspect it is a dependency problem but there is no indication when installing the packages.

I'm running Apple TV 2 4.3.1 Sn0wbreeze jailbreak 2.5.1

XBMC.log -> http://pastebin.com/t9GNBJYs
Ok, never mind that last post... I read the thread over again and found I should be using Seas0npass. I'm going through the motions right now Smile
DN38416 Wrote:So my findings are as follows:
4.1 (8M89) = AC3/DTS not working
4.2 (8C150) = AC3/DTS unknown
4.2.1 (8C154) = AC3/DTS working
4.3 (8F191m) = AC3/DTS not working
4.3.1 (8F202) = AC3/DTS not working

This may be off-topic, but is there a how-to on restoring the Apple TV 2 to a previous operating system, specifically 4.2.1?
eddienyc1 Wrote:This may be off-topic, but is there a how-to on restoring the Apple TV 2 to a previous operating system, specifically 4.2.1?

I think there is one in the off-topic section.
BTW, I did restore to 4.2.1 last night.
It was very easy.
eddienyc1 Wrote:This may be off-topic, but is there a how-to on restoring the Apple TV 2 to a previous operating system, specifically 4.2.1?

There's a tutorial here but if Apple's still signing iOS 4.2.1 (and I think they are) then you can skip the Tiny Umbrella steps, i.e. you basically download the 4.2.1 atv2 ipsw file (google it), plugin atv2 into your computer via microUSB only, open iTunes, click the Apple TV on the left, option-click (or shift-click on Windows) the Restore button and select your downloaded ipsw file.

http://iphoneblogr.com/2010/10/how-to-do...orial-mac/
enough of this hours of messing around. Hours of my life I will never get back. I just JB 4.3.1 with snowbreeze and had xbmc issues also half working SMB. Re-jailbroke with seasonpass and its a lot better! All this coz I wanted 5.1 for Netflix!!! Nod

I too am thinking of downgrading to "4.2.1 (8C154) = AC3/DTS working" I didnt save SHSH blobs so hopefully it will work!
  • 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with Apple TV 2 - 4.3.1 with Jailbreak2