New TV show additions suddenly not being found?
swampface Wrote:New episode of chuck (Chuck - s04e20 - Chuck Versus The Family Volkoff.avi) had no problems being scanned and showed up as it should. New episode of house (House - e07e18 - The Dig.avi) had to be renamed in order to scan correctly.

Evening all, Figured it was finally time to register and start posting after a few years of enjoying XBMC..

As to swampface's comment, I had the same issue and believe it to be a scraper issue rather than a scanner issue in this particular case. I use theRenamer to rename all of my episodes prior to scraping. it also has a scraper that can't find the episode of House but found and renamed the episode of Chuck.

But i have also had the scanning issues described where theRenamer has done its job and XBMC failed to find the file.
lordwolfe Wrote:Evening all, Figured it was finally time to register and start posting after a few years of enjoying XBMC.

Same for me ;-) .

About 2 weeks ago XBMC stopped adding tv-shows to the library, movies works fine though.
Even if i see the tv-show files in videos and try to scan them manually XBMC won't add them to the database.

Using both "show-101.avi and show-s01e01.avi" formats. (shows include "American Dad, Fringe, The Cape, No Ordinary Family, Robot Chicken, The Simpsons")

"Edit"
Tried just for fun, using theRenamer on some of the existing files in the database and then using "clear database" and restarting XBMC, it would'nt find the renamed episodes either.
olympia Wrote:Basically yes, adding that please reduce the number of shows/episodes/files in the test share as much as possible, because I need to create all those files to test. If you can reproduce it with a test folder/file structure, the best would be if you were able to zip it up for me with dummy files.

Sure I can do that....
@lordwolfe/Pr0wler. We appreciate the sentiment, but really your posts are useless without the debuglogs that show something is actually going wrong.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

this has been reported confirmd by a XBMC team member and no one fixes it http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/11385

perhaps we require a developer to ask for a specific Dollar amount so users can fork the money to get a bug fix?
*Update*

Ok so I ended up just starting over, here's what I did.

Uninstalled XBMC from all boxen on my network...
Dumped and then dropped both xbmc_video and xbmc_music databases from my MySQL server, recreated the databases fresh and then configured my clients.

If you want more detailed information on step by step instructions on how to use a MySQL database as the backend DB let me know as there is a very specific step by step process that you have to follow or you will have problems.

Its working perfectly now, hopefully it will last.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV show additions suddenly not being found?0