New TV show additions suddenly not being found?
I am encountering a similar problem.

http://pastebin.com/3EAVnmvs

Also to make things easier for you to find. My new episodes are in "The Big Bang Theory", "Modern Family", and "Castle".

And I also created a topic here.

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98542

I wonder if our problems are one and the same...

Edit: HUGE UPDATE! I have no idea why, but I think the issue is with XBMC itself. Renaming the files in a different naming scheme ie from S09E19 to 919 allowed XBMC to pickup the file. Then afterwards, by removing the file from the library, and the renaming it again back to the original naming scheme S09E19, xbmc picked up the file again. So I am guessing during the TVDB downtime XBMC somehow saved the episodes but without any info so everytime you would recan even though the TVDB is working again, it would disregard them as it they are already saved. (My theory atleast).
I just noticed this same problem on my Mythbuntu box, which runs XBMC as the main front end. I'm using the APT repositories from the XBMC site, and I do updates about once a week or so. Based on the files that are missing from my library, this problem seems to have started a few weeks ago and I just never noticed it until today.

I did some debug logging, pertinent lines can be seen here, and it appears to me that XBMC is no longer doing a recursive search properly. In my case I have sub-folders for each season so just looking in the top level folders will not result in any episodes. I see it searching the top level folders but it doesn't appear that it checked any of the season folders.

I did try renaming some episodes, as Mobious suggests, but this only worked on one episode and then I couldn't get it to work again. I also tried creating some manual rules for <tvshowmatching> in advancedsettings.xml but this didn't work for me either. I have since removed these to make it go back to the defaults.

I was finally able to get them to add manually by setting the Default Select Action to Show Information, instead of Play. I can then select the file in the file browser screens and when I select the file it will pick up the already existing NFO file, created by Sickbeard already. At this point the episode is loaded into the library correctly and I can then see it in my library as I normally would.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, I'm missing a bunch of stuff in my library and having to go through the file browser gets old quick. If anyone would like more information, I would be glad to send this along.
Just did 50 episodes of Northern Exposure with out any issues at all. Not sure why you would be having issues.
I'm also having the same problem. Nothing's changed since last week but even after manually updating the library I can't see the new episode. The new episode is named fine, and it played just fine from the file browser.
I'm having the same problem. All of a sudden Tv shows are on longer scraping properly. I wanted ot rescan my entire collection on Sunday and when I tried I suddenly started getting server not contactable errors. After a few retries it did scrape a few shows but most are incomplete.
Did you guys try what I mentioned? Renaming the episodes in a different naming scheme IE if you name your episodes as S04E04 try 404.
mobious Wrote:Did you guys try what I mentioned? Renaming the episodes in a different naming scheme IE if you name your episodes as S04E04 try 404.

changing this:

Castle (2009) - s03e20 - Slice of Death.avi

to this

Castle (2009) - 0320 - Slice of Death.avi

and updating worked. Changing it back and updating also worked. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's working, hasn't been much new tv lately to test it.
swampface Wrote:changing this:

Castle (2009) - s03e20 - Slice of Death.avi

to this

Castle (2009) - 0320 - Slice of Death.avi

and updating worked. Changing it back and updating also worked. Guess I'll find out tomorrow if it's working, hasn't been much new tv lately to test it.

Why the dashes? Same thing works without dashes.

You could also do it this way too:

Castle (2009) 3x20 Slice of Death.avi
Its doesn't matter, the whole point is when the tvdb scraper went offline, XBMC saved the episodes under their name so when it rescanned after the tvdb went up again it was skipping over the episodes since their already saved in the database without any info. Renaming them to anything else would fix the issue.
This is still an existing problem, and there has been no solution. Any word on what the problem is?
My problem occurred after my 2-bay NAS was for some reason offline. Without noticing this, I cleaned the library, which completely removed all of media from XBMC, as it should have. However, when I restarted the NAS, and updated the library, half of my tv shows were missing. Nothing in the file structure changed, yet TVDB was not able to find the shows that previously existed. For some reason, it will not even pick up an entire show/folder. For instance the "Friends" show doesn't show up. It is complete with every season, episode, and specials, yet not even the main Friends folder is picked up. Any ideas? This is killing me. I'm racking my brain yet nothing makes sense as to why this is happening. I've looked through the forums, and have noticed many people with the same problem, but no solution has been presented.

Thanks
could you post a debug log please (when scanning the library)
Proper Usage of a debug log
If I managed to help you in any way, please add to my reputation
There seems to be an issue with this at the moment. Try renaming the friends folder to something else, scan, then name back to friends to see if it picks up the folder (if this is successful it probably won't pick up the episodes within and you'll have to do a similar thing)

p.s.
It's spelt "scraper" not "scrapper"

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
whiteyw80 Wrote:This is still an existing problem, and there has been no solution. Any word on what the problem is?

Are you saying that you tried the solution Mobius outlined above and it is still not working for you?
pseudo7 Wrote:There seems to be an issue with this at the moment. Try renaming the friends folder to something else, scan, then name back to friends to see if it picks up the folder (if this is successful it probably won't pick up the episodes within and you'll have to do a similar thing)

p.s.
It's spelt "scraper" not "scrapper"

Thanks. I saw the post from mobious, however, I don't feel that this is a viable solution, as I have hundreds of episodes that are failing to be recognized. I don't want to take 15 hours of my time renamig all of the episodes that aren't being recognized, just to have this happen again, then have to once again spend more of my time renaming the files.

I will research how to get the debug file from Live and post it when I get home.

Thanks again.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV show additions suddenly not being found?0