New TV show additions suddenly not being found?
Nevermind.....this is slated to be fixed in the next release...
Galactus Wrote:Are you saying that you tried the solution Mobius outlined above and it is still not working for you?

I would like to know this aswell.
I have noticed thetvdb scraper has been updated several times in the last couple of days (I have had your problem).

Might be worth checking again before doing your log etc

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
You should all learn the difference between scanning and scraping. Scanning for new media is NOT amongst the duties of a scraper.

I.e. if a new movies/show/episode/whatever doesn't get detected, then it is a scanning issue. If the scanner finds it, but no/wrong info get downloaded, however the correct info is available on the scraped site, then it is a scraper issue.

So if renaming solves the issue, then it's an issue with XBMC's scanner. I understand that from an end user perspective this all doesn't matter, because the result is the same, but for us it is important.

What would be very useful if someone could write up how to reproduce this from a FRESH install.
Well with my theory it would be hard to reproduce as the issue was originally caused by the scraper itself. Now this is how I believed it happened. The TVDB were updating their firewall or something and that caused scraping issues, xbmc scanned the media, saved the episode file name etc in its DB, and then the scraper returned nothing so it just stayed that way.

Now whenever you would scan again the media technically is already saved on the XBMC so it would ignore it and move on. Even though the scraper is functioning again IE if you were to add new episodes it will be working, it just won't look up the previous episodes because XBMC is ignoring them. I have pasted this debug file twice now, once in this thread and once in my own and have yet see a reply from anyone on whether it shows anything or not. They say the third time is the charm.

"Here is a debug log just incase anyone is interested.

http://pastebin.com/3EAVnmvs

Also to make things easier for you to find. My new episodes are in "The Big Bang Theory", "Modern Family", and "Castle"."
The problem is hard to duplicate, and when fixed hard to explain in some cases. I will let you know what I did on one occasion. I highlighted my share then went into the context menu, selected 'run automated scan'...ok, finally select 'scan for new content'. It worked.
Star 
I've having a similar problem with the TVDB scraper not being able to retrieve data for TV shows. I'm not sure if it is the same, but I'm adding my information in case it helps.

I turned on debugging log and checked the logs and the root cause of my problem is the TVDB URL not being correct. XBMC is trying to get the information with the following URL:
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C...2/all/.zip

Note that the language code ('en' for English) is missing from the URL.

The correct syntax for the URL can be found in this documentation: http://thetvdb.com/wiki/index.php?title=Programmers_API
And should be:
http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C...all/en.zip

Does anyone have any idea why the language code is missing, or how I could possibly fix this? I checked my system and TVDB add-in settings and all have the language set to English.

I did try renaming the file as previously selected, but this did not fix the problem.

For reference, the following is a link to the full log - line 13 has the URL I posted above:
http://pastebin.com/Ggzbfa1A
olympia Wrote:You should all learn the difference between scanning and scraping. Scanning for new media is NOT amongst the duties of a scraper.

I.e. if a new movies/show/episode/whatever doesn't get detected, then it is a scanning issue. If the scanner finds it, but no/wrong info get downloaded, however the correct info is available on the scraped site, then it is a scraper issue.

So if renaming solves the issue, then it's an issue with XBMC's scanner. I understand that from an end user perspective this all doesn't matter, because the result is the same, but for us it is important.

What would be very useful if someone could write up how to reproduce this from a FRESH install.

Media is located on V:\Media which is a 4 bay NAS.

Fresh Install using latest release and complete scans of TV/Movies:

1. Add Source under Videos (V:\Media\TVShows\, Scan/Scraper work as expected
2. Copy new shows into structure and restart xbmc.
3. Either a library update on xbmc load or a manual library under TV Shows fails to detect new episodes.
4. Go back to Videos and force a scan for new content on the top level (TVShows Source), still does not detect shows.

The only thing that has worked for me is to go Videos -> TV Shows -> Series name folder and then "Scan for new content" on the individual series folder. The new show is located and scraped as expected.

It's as if the scanner lost it's ability to scan recursively beyond 1 level on anything aside from the initial scan. That's my experience anyways.

Log of me scanning/failing to find Mad Man S02E05 and then scanning the actual folder and locating it.

http://pastebin.com/EZJggz3u

Sounds like that bug link in a previous post is it. Hope it's helpful.
I appreciate all the logs, but I need to reproduce this first before we can step further.

@Daven
That's a good start, but again, to be able to reproduce I need to create a dummy folder/file structure for this.

The best would be to have 1 show with a few episodes to scan in initially, then another show (again with only a couple of episodes) to scan in during the library update.
olympia Wrote:I appreciate all the logs, but I need to reproduce this first before we can step further.

@Daven
That's a good start, but again, to be able to reproduce I need to create a dummy folder/file structure for this.

The best would be to have 1 show with a few episodes to scan in initially, then another show (again with only a couple of episodes) to scan in during the library update.

What do you want me to do? I am ready and willing to test whatever you want! I need this fixed! Folder mode kinda cripples the whole experience for whoever is using my HTPC's....

So you are saying to do the below?
1. Fresh install
2. Map Test share with TV Show content.
3. Scan and verify all content is scraped and in the library.
4.Add new episodes to existing folders.
5. Scan and confirm bug?
Hey, I might have a fix. If your files have .nfo 's in them but not all of them do. It will only find the ones that have nfo's in them. All my others were being skipped. Hope this helps some people. I was having the same problem and this fixed it.. All your tv shows either need nfos for each file or no nfo files. In the root too. Just take them all out.. For example. Chuck, in the root of that there was a tvshow.nfo file. then all my episodes that had an nfo file too were found in xbmc. but the ones that didn't were skipped. I just deleted them all and then xbmc found all my episodes
New episode of chuck (Chuck - s04e20 - Chuck Versus The Family Volkoff.avi) had no problems being scanned and showed up as it should. New episode of house (House - e07e18 - The Dig.avi) had to be renamed in order to scan correctly.
wow what a pain in the ass!

that new house episode almost cost me this whole hobby. It downloaded, but refused to add to the library, no matter what we tried.

2 years worth of spousal acceptance work just about went down the drain in 30 minutes. I tried deleting all the nfo's in the folder, and the root, clean library, update library, no matter what I did it would not find it.

Ended up just playing it manually through videos mode... it still won't add it. wtf?
swampface Wrote:New episode of chuck (Chuck - s04e20 - Chuck Versus The Family Volkoff.avi) had no problems being scanned and showed up as it should. New episode of house (House - e07e18 - The Dig.avi) had to be renamed in order to scan correctly.

If it was e07e18, then no wonder why you had to rename it.
Krazypoloc Wrote:What do you want me to do? I am ready and willing to test whatever you want! I need this fixed! Folder mode kinda cripples the whole experience for whoever is using my HTPC's....

So you are saying to do the below?
1. Fresh install
2. Map Test share with TV Show content.
3. Scan and verify all content is scraped and in the library.
4.Add new episodes to existing folders.
5. Scan and confirm bug?

Basically yes, adding that please reduce the number of shows/episodes/files in the test share as much as possible, because I need to create all those files to test. If you can reproduce it with a test folder/file structure, the best would be if you were able to zip it up for me with dummy files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New TV show additions suddenly not being found?0