• 6(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
Manromen Wrote:Yep,

I think till Eden release you will always have to run a nightly build for this add-on.

So, from your latest update for the Trakt Utility, you've singled it out to only those that use the Nightlies?

Isnt that a strange thing to do seeing as Eden's not due for 8 months and most people are going to be using the Stable release til it does.

It means that the Trakt Utility is now 'a nightly add-on'.

I just upgraded my XBMC Live to the newest nightly, and yes, although Trakt Utility works, it's broken everything else that does not support it yet.

I'm going back to 10.1 now, is there a version of Trakt Utility I can use that will not auto update itself and break?
Maraschino - Web based HTPC Organiser. Keep track of all your web based programs all in one place.
Home Page - Repo - Bug Tracker - Support Forum.
I don't speak for the devs necessarily (so feel free to correct me), but it's not quite that simple. Eden has a very cool feature calls services. This makes it much easier to deal with events. afaik, you can think of it like a push notification.

For example, if you finish watching a show, xbmc sends a service message, then trakt utilities can pop up the dialog to rate the show you just watched. With dharma, you basically have to run a timed loop in the background and poll various things to see what state xbmc is in. There are some dharma features around timers and what not, but my understanding is eden's services are much more robust to handle events.
Trakt.tv - Track what you're watching. Discover new shows & movies.
forum thread - @trakt on twitter - support
It may be difficult to understand if you aren't into this project and especially if you aren't a developer.

To support Dharma I may could do this:
  • remove all the stuff that completely requires or depends on Eden
    • rating of movie / tv shows
    • all auto start features (update / sync and so on startup)
  • rewrite sync functions (if these functions are missing - there isn't a real reason to exist for this addon)
  • maybe remove some other functionality that depends on Eden I'm currently not thinking of

So this would end in an almost complete new addon. This means a lot of work for something that will go into waste bin as soon as Eden releases.

I don't know the considered release date of Eden.

I understand why someone would want to keep using the stable version. I myself have some trouble with the nightly builds too - I get several crashes a day and some nightly builds don't work at all.

Maybe I could comply with erasing all Eden depending features and rewriting the sync part for Dharma. But there have to be a good request for this to do.
Manromen Wrote:Maybe I could comply with erasing all Eden depending features and rewriting the sync part for Dharma. But there have to be a good request for this to do.

Seems like a real waste of time instead of continuing work on the nightly addon...

Anyway, love the addon and a really amazing work you've put into this!

How come all these functions aren't in the "normal" trakt-addon?
Better continue with the nightly addon, so when we come to Eden it will be with lots of features and without almost any bugs Smile
DejaVu Wrote:I'm going back to 10.1 now, is there a version of Trakt Utility I can use that will not auto update itself and break?

No, since the every first version of this addon, it depends on Eden.
There is no version for Dharma.

At first I just developed this for myself to sync my library. I've seen there were others that would like this too. So I gave it to the community. After this I got great response and there were reasons to add other features - and this features are directly considered to Eden too.
Lately I've been getting (bad authentication please check your login information) MY info is right though. I've checked a few times. Is anyone else having this problem?
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
i'm working on the next trakt.tv addon to include thoses features, eden will bring more useful things for features like that!
Manromen Wrote:Yeah this would be nice :-)
We could probably support some functions to get those kind of informations for skin developers (like tvtunes is called). But these features need to be supported (displayed) by the skins.

We asked for support to Big_Noid, the developer of one of the best skins i've seen, Aeon Nox. Maybe both of you can do amazing things with Trakt+Aeon! Smile

http://forum.xbmc.org/showpost.php?p=795...count=1433
Question 
LupinSansei Wrote:Lately I've been getting (bad authentication please check your login information) MY info is right though. I've checked a few times. Is anyone else having this problem?

I noticed you have also posted this in the official add-on's thread, if this is related to Trakt Utilities then we will need at least a debug log Wink (be warned the official trakt plugin sometimes, at least used to, record your trakt password in the log in plain-text).
Developer working on Trakt Utilties for XBMC (Download)
Please read Getting Support before asking for support.
othrayte Wrote:I noticed you have also posted this in the official add-on's thread, if this is related to Trakt Utilities then we will need at least a debug log Wink (be warned the official trakt plugin sometimes, at least used to, record your trakt password in the log in plain-text).

Oh yeah I actually meant to post it in the official thread but did here by accident. Since you did reply maybe you can help me? Oh I know about the password thing. I edited mine out in the log. Hope this helps. Maybe the dev should look into having the password not show up in the log Laugh Still an awesome plugin though! Also running the latest nightly though this was happening on 10.1 too.
Asrock Rog Z390-H | Intel i9 9900K | Windows 10 Pro x64 | Pop!_OS 20.10 |Nvidia Shield TV Pro (2019)
EVGA Hybrid FTW GTX 1070 | Corsair 16GB DDR4
Samsung 500GB SSD | 500GB Nvme SSD |500GB WD Black Nvme SSD |6TB HDD
ppic Wrote:i'm working on the next trakt.tv addon to include thoses features, eden will bring more useful things for features like that!

Why dont you guys work together?

Another feature that would be nice, although I know its called TRAKT utilities Smile
would be to allow rating on thetvdb since thats the rating thats shows in xbmc after all... maybe one popup to rate them both?
7 and above = trakt love?
I can't get the ratings dialog to work. In the log I see all these lines:
Code:
Telnet too soon? (111) Connection refused
I'm running XBMC Live and nothing else runs on port 9090, so I have no clue what I can do about this. Anybody else having this issue?
The json rpc announcement server needs to start at xbmc startup, but the port may still be reserved by the just closed (or crashed) XBMC. You may have to wait till the Port gets free by timeout. So just wait 2 Minutes before open XBMC again. This should solve the issue.
Adeiko Wrote:We asked for support to Big_Noid, the developer of one of the best skins i've seen, Aeon Nox. Maybe both of you can do amazing things with Trakt+Aeon! Smile

Big_Noid just added his skin to Trakt Utilities. In the next Version users of Aeon Nox will see movies and tv show menus in Aeon Nox style.
Thanks Big_Noid! :-)
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)7