• 3(current)
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)
Can anyone make a video of this new features?

I dont' want to reinstall one of the nightly builds but i really wanna see this new features!

When eden is released (at least a beta) this will ROCK!
Hi Adeiko,

Thanks for your approval Laugh

I can upload one later this day.

Btw.:
If you don't want to install the latest nightly build, you can disable the auto update functionality, so you keep a working add-on.
Adeiko Wrote:Can anyone make a video of this new features?

I dont' want to reinstall one of the nightly builds but i really wanna see this new features!

I've uploaded a video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3S4lCFGwJUY
what are teh social features that you are thinking of implementing? how would they work?

Also I saw the video.. looks great. was wondering when a movie was not found if you could integrate it with couch potato maybe to be able to download the movie and iwth sickbeard for tv shows.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
"We are a social platform..."

Trakt.tv is a social platform. Integrating the social platform into xbmc are the social features I think (friends list, know what they are watching, know trending movies etc.)
social features will also be included in next trakt script version Wink
Smile 
Just released Trakt Utilities 0.4.1

Have fun Smile
Just a side question. I tried watch list, working fine. But it's clear u created your cutom programming to display the movie gui. I see this alot in scripts. I have good experience in software architecture so I somewhat baffled. Can the default library views not be used to render collections? Irrespective the data source being local library or a script generated collection of movies, it should be rendered out consistently. If Its not the case, there's lots of room for improvement in xbmc core.

I would love to click on a director and get his whole movie list, ones I posses highlighted, the rest still viewable, just not watchable. And the list itself expandable to whatever exotic plugins for downloading or checking if trakt friends have seen it etc. Modular, limitless.

Rant off.
I don't know a lot about how skins work.
There is a skins folder in the addon. There can maybe placed files for your current skin (but they have to be compatible with the script).
The addon isn't stuck with the default layout I created.
First of all, thanks Manromen for the video, just what i wanted to see Smile

One question.

If i go to track utilities, -> watchlist movies -> Click on a movie that i have in a library and it starts... it will be tracked and submitted?

Because i had a problem with for example, last added widgets on my skin that if i try to see a movie from there, it wasn't tracked :S

In any case, Great job with this add-on, found it more awesome that i expected!
Oh
I'll check this. Thanks for the hint. :-)
Wink 
Adeiko Wrote:If i go to track utilities, -> watchlist movies -> Click on a movie that i have in a library and it starts... it will be tracked and submitted?

Yeah they get submitted, we actually just use the standard video play commands that xbmc supplies, and the standard trakt plugin tracks it just as if you had played it manually.

But this is defiantly something that I will be testing regularly, its a really important feature Wink.
I am using the skin Transparency! And i have not seen any menu's or buttons when i activated the plugin. Also the plugin does not update my movie collection or my tv shows collection even though i am in library view and filled in my username and password correctly.
What can i do to get this plugin working correctly?
dunpealhunter Wrote:I am using the skin Transparency! And i have not seen any menu's or buttons when i activated the plugin. Also the plugin does not update my movie collection or my tv shows collection even though i am in library view and filled in my username and password correctly.
What can i do to get this plugin working correctly?
First, are you using the lastest nightly build of XBMC? (This is required untill Eden is released)
Second, could you provide your XBMC log (note remove any passwords first), preferably with debugging turned on (in trakt utilities settings).
Third, I'll get back to you when I have tested Transparency! on my system to confirm if it should work Wink
EDIT Checked, should be working, for those who just aren't certain how to access the Trakt Utilities menu, its under Videos -> Video Add-ons -> Trakt Utilities

[Teaser] Upcoming feature to look for, rating dialog after videos Big Grin
I don't know the Transparency skin.
You have to find the Video addon section to start the addon. In confluence you can find it by pressing the right arrow key at the videos tab.

Maybe you should first find it in confluence, then you have a more idea where it could be in transparency.
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[RELEASE] Trakt Utilities (addon for Trakt.tv usage)7