[REQUEST] Full BitTorrent client as a python script for XBMC?
whats your issue.. get or mail me a copy of the script and i'll see what i can do to help you out.
Hybreez -

Can you please share the script?

I couldn't find it in any of the usual places.

10x.
I would say, what he has found is a homebrew application...

There are no bittorrent Downloadscripts...

cu lolol
i have found this script:

http://rapidshare.de/files/26383414/bitxbox.rar.html

but id didn't test it.

so: use on your own risk
A while back I did some work in the area, then had to drop it entirely due to life.. I had meant to scour this for a few stupid bugs I introduced while editing code recklessly one day near the end.. I fixed a few things, but I think there is more.. (I think I end up with redundant instances of scripts in a few places which is a simple launch methodology bug.. I think I slightly poched the rss scanner.. POSSIBLY rescrewed the fatx limitation parsing
again (which might be a bitch since it resides in like 4 separate locations I think etc etc)
Anybody with basic knowledge/time can work it out I'm sure, and I'll probably end up tinkering again
This package should:
Download all torrents running on compatible trackers without fatx glitches
(Running multiple torrents does work, but not well with super fast downloads!)
Display status in a gui window
Interface/search with any rss based torrent site
Periodically scan selected rss sites for desired torrents and autodownload/launch (while keeping track of next desired episode)

Almost none of this was originally coded by me, and once again I have no idea what I'm actually distributing here.. I might have fixed everything, but how realistic is that assumption coming from a BAD (lazy/bad form) programmer?Smile

anyways, http://triggernum5.servebeer.com/bitinthebox.rar

Sorry to all the ppl who emailed me, and got ignored..
hey, ive just started with XBMC so not too hot with using scripts yet. Ive tried using bitinthebox however i cant seem to understand it too well. so far i can see the .torrent files on the rss feeds but havent figured out how to select them or download the file. any help appreicated

thanks
Ok, I the name is misleading.. Launch GUI.py rather than bitinthebox.py
Being the bad programmer I am, I made separate near identical modules for each launch method instead of using logical code.. Everything can be controlled through gui.py assuming I left no errors, (I have time to play today too)
As for downloading, I took a look, and the indentaion got fatally messed up in RSSTorrentDL.py I have repaired that (Or atleast the error I found..)
This version seems to have a bug that I fixed before where showing the keyboard multiple times for searching crashes/freezes.. I'll try to remember what that problem was, and wouldn't mind if somebody else fixed any of this and repackaged it since its not really my code anyways..
http://triggernum5.servebeer.com/RSSTorrent-Hoarder.rar
In RSSTorrentDL
A Gets Info IIRC
B Downloads the torrent
X Launches last DL'd torrent
I had a go at your program today. I managed to get the rss feed and a list of torrents avaliable but any file that I try to download by pressing B, I get

Not really sure what ive done wrong to be honest but i could very well be my fault.

Thanks
On every torrent? I had rss downloaded torrents launch from ******** today.. Aug 6 build here..
Usually if it reports error then the script is working ok.. Its when it seems to hang (well not actually a freeze) while downloading that I worry..
Hey mate,

Tried again today from numerous torrent files and have the same error with everything. No crashes though. I haven't changed any config files yet (not sure if i was meant to). Would like to hear from other people if they managed to get it working.
Do you have DNS working? DHCP typically autosets dns..
I can normally stream stuff from the net using the other scripts so i presume DNS is working. Haven't changed any settings and no joy. Would be interested to know how others are getting on with it.
Before you ask, yes, I have done what I think is pretty good searching for answers to this already.

I see there are a number of threads on bittorrent integration with the XBMC in one form or another. Most of these threads are pretty old and half seem to end mid-conversation.

I'm new to the XBMC life but I'm on XBMC 8.1 (Atlantis?) now and was wondering of any of the existing bittorrent scripts still worked on this version? (i.e. has anyone tried them successfully)

Ideally I'd like to get my PC out of the download equation altogether. I'd like to feed RSS feeds from eztv.it into scripts on the XBOX which would automatically download the content and store on the XBOX hard drive (and add to the library, obviously).

a) does anyone know if such a script is being worked on by anyone?
b) is anyone else interested in this kind of script?
c) is this script even feasible on the XBOX via XBMC script?

Someday if I have some time I may decide to learn python and see what I can do but I figure it will be months before I have that time so if anyone else is working on this I'd love to hear about it.
Is it possible to make the xbox run torrents.
Example a program like µTorrent is a program that allow torrent to download, is it possible to make a script like µTorrent or something to download movies or xbox 1 games. Or some sort.
Thanks in advance.
Is it possible to make the xbox run torrents.
Example a program like µTorrent is a program that allow torrent to download, is it possible to make a script like µTorrent or something to download movies or xbox 1 games. Or some sort.
Thanks in advance.
Sorry for the other posting wrong headline.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[REQUEST] Full BitTorrent client as a python script for XBMC?0