Sugestion - Support for LIVE STREAMING sites / Internal Browser
As net gets better and better streaming sites that offer live content are becoming more and more common.

The greatest problem with LIVE over a install on a OS of some sort is the fact that you do not have access to ANY of these sites and ther eis a big diffrence between LIVE streams and ON DEMAND streaming media.

Ustream, Justin.TV, Own3d.tv and a myriad of others are becoming more and more popular as a source of digital media. XBMC Live is completely unable to access or provide for this large section of media watching and imo it really needs to be addressed by the devs when they get the chance.

The plug-in system is a great way to go about this, but there are so many sites, a plug in like the youtube for each one seams a impossibility. I mean youtube is youtube and the youtube plugin in only just recently starting to be usable, and it still doesn't even support playlists.

I am not ragging on the youtube plugin it is really good many thanks to them. What I am saying that the greatly needed addition of streaming media to xbmc might not be able to be archived though plugins.

Something that could archive it would be a internal browser. If we had a "real" browsers in XBMC we would have access to all the streaming media sites directly form our LIVE install.

I am not a programmer or a designer, maybe there is a way better option.. all I am saying is that with out being able to access streaming media, xbmc will always be lagging behind as a true mass media library and playback platform.

---- Please consider
XBMC user from XMP days... love this project and many thanks to the talent that keeps it alive
An interim solution may be to use the Launcher add in. For the executable file, choose your browser-of-choice's .exe (for example, c:\program files\mozilla\firefox\firefox.exe"), then add the url as a command line argument.

It'll show up under Programs instead of Video, but it should work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sugestion - Support for LIVE STREAMING sites / Internal Browser0