Visualisations/fanart
OK. I'm a big fan of the music visualizations with a faded artist fanart image in the background. however, the only skin I like to use is "Transparency!". I requested this feature adding but "ronnie" the skin author is not interested in adding this feature.

I'm happy to give it a whirl myself but dont really have any idea how to do it or where to start. Can anyone advise of the bit of code i would need to add and which xml to add this to. I would also like to add it to the skin settings so it can be toggled (more chance of ronnie merging it to svn).

Any help would be much appreciated

Thanks
RBX
musicvisualization.xml
didn't i add it anyway?

it's available in T! v3.11.5, assuming you're looking for this:

Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Ahh. i remember you shooting the idea down and i don't really follow the SVN thread now theres an official repo. I usually just wait for the update. I can see your screen shots looks kind of what i want but I use milkdrop for the visualization. the reason being the fanart should appear ghostly in the visualizations, so not too obvious, where as the visualization in your screen shot doesn't achieve this as its a bold bright fully visible image (this could be down to the specific visualization used).

I'll give it a try tonight anyway. cheers ronnie

PS. did you ever get round to including the wide icon mod for fanart view?

Cheers
RBX
afraid not, mildrop is not transparent, so you won't see the fanart image underneath it.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
but you can go the other way and put the fanart on top of the vis, and set a picture loop and a really long fade time
ronie Wrote:afraid not, milkdrop is not transparent, so you won't see the fanart image underneath it.

Iv seen this in many other skins. either milkdrop can be made transparent or a transparent diffuse is added to the fanart and placed on top to achiave the final result. iv been searching for screenshots of the a skin using this but nobody seems to post the visualization shots to sell their skin (apart from you ronie).

So what you currently saying is what I want (and is possible because iv seen it before) is not currently supported by "T!".

which brings me back to my original question.

PS - forget my earlier PS i checked out the wide icon fanart thread where you advised it hit svn a couple of months prior to the post. however a week or two before in the same thread, I asked about this and you replied you didnt know when it was coming. "when this baby hits 88 miles an hour..............." time warp anyone?
ok, i just added something to svn.

it should put the fanart on top/bottom,
depending on which visualisation is selected.

it should result in something like this (hope that's what you had in mind):

You are the man. thats exactly what i wanted, maybe make the fanart a little more transparent so you can only make out the artist when the screen is black/dark, and as soon as the visuals lighten up and freak out it makes it harder to see the fanart. and brings the visuals back into focus.

In fact it may be perfect and just the particular fanart/screen shot thats messing with my head. I'll try it out tonight

But hats off to you for the extremely quick addition.

RBX
rudeboyx Wrote:maybe make the fanart a little more transparent so you can only make out the artist when the screen is black/dark, and as soon as the visuals lighten up and freak out it makes it harder to see the fanart. and brings the visuals back into focus.

it's already like that ;-)
guess you need to see for yourself :-)
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98775

may have broke something...
ronie, is the svn version of T! still compatable with the dharma version of xbmc, its just that i get blank screens when entering files mode. thought it may be somthing to do with the files node in library mode change.
rudeboyx Wrote:ronie, is the svn version of T! still compatable with the dharma version of xbmc
nope.
rudeboyx Wrote:its just that i get blank screens when entering files mode. thought it may be somthing to do with the files node in library mode change.
true.
will the recent vis/fanart change make it into the offical repo eventually?
rudeboyx Wrote:will the recent vis/fanart change make it into the offical repo eventually?

sure, but since i've just released v3.11.5 yesterday, it may take a while.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Visualisations/fanart0