Sony VGP-XL1B and XBMC ?
Hello All,
I've tried searcing for VGP-XL1B but nothing came back so here is my question. I've got VGP-XL1B DVD changer connected to my Windows 7 HTPC. My HTPC has 2.4 TB of internal HDD that contains rougly 300 of movies ripped from DVD that I could not fit into VGP-XL1B.
My problem is when I run XBMC it could not see all 200 discs in VGP-XL1B. It only sees one disc that is active and shows it as single DVD drive. Is there a way to make Sony VGP-XL1B dvd changer work with XBMC ? I dont want to keep going back to Windows Media Center to access DVDs and XBMC to access ripped movies. I personally like XBMC interface much better with all cute GUI and fanart.
Please help

-MJ
Anyone knows anything about this - please ?
Not a solution to the problem which I guess is that it's simply not supported but Imgburn supports the device, used in conjunction with AnyDVD you might be able to auto rip those 200 DVD's to the HDD as iso images which would save you time manually ripping the discs and bypass the need for the DVD changer to work in XBMC.

There's some sort of third party control interface for it here that might get it working.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Sony VGP-XL1B and XBMC ?0