• 10(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
Love the app and works perfect for launching XBMC and other apps on my pc. For some reason tskill has never worked for any program. I always get:

"Failed to launch Kill XBMC: Cannot run program "tskill": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"

tskill XBMC or C:\Windows\System32\tskill.exe XBMC both work from the run line.

Any ideas why they will not work from remote launcher? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

running winx64

Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
tskill XBMC
or
Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
tskill XBMC.exe
or
Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
C:\Windows\System32\tskill.exe XBMC
HTPC Specs:
95w 3 core AMD Phenom 8750 2.4GHz / MSI Media Live Diva 5.1 (MS-7411) Motherboard / On-board ATI Radeon HD3200 / On-board preamp 5.1 sound card / 4 x 1 terabyte sata segate 7200.12 / 8GB SDRAM / CORSAIR CMPSU-450VX 450W / SILVERSTONE Media Center HTPC Case / 1080p 42" Dynex LCD \ 5.1 Polk Audio Surround Sound - RM6750

Details of my fully automated, virtual Windows 7, HTPC setup here
(2013-01-21, 06:22)Flook Wrote: Love the app and works perfect for launching XBMC and other apps on my pc. For some reason tskill has never worked for any program. I always get:

"Failed to launch Kill XBMC: Cannot run program "tskill": CreateProcess error=2, The system cannot find the file specified"

tskill XBMC or C:\Windows\System32\tskill.exe XBMC both work from the run line.

Any ideas why they will not work from remote launcher? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

running winx64

Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
tskill XBMC
or
Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
tskill XBMC.exe
or
Code:
Kill XBMC
Kill XBMC media center
C:\Windows\System32\tskill.exe XBMC

Hmm, that is quite odd. Could it be some UAC issue? Does it make a difference if you start Remote Launcher Server as administrator?
It's been a while since the last update of the server but now it's time!

The only new feature is that pipes and redirects can be used in the commands. Also, a bug that made the text only version always use the default port has been fixed.

Get it at http://remotelauncher.owtroid.com
Thanks for an awesome app man, I have used it everyday for almost half a year Smile
I have a request though, is it all possible to make a Tasker plugin please? I know u can solve it via intents in Tasker as you (probably) described here:

I've created an "app" in Tasker in which if I press the app button it tries to launch 3 "remote launcher" actions (intents) with 2 seconds delay in-between: i.e. 1: Kill XBMC, 2: Change video output, 3: Shutdown PC. All this with one click.

That works totally fine but ONLY if "remote launcher" isn't running in the background, by background I mean if the app shows up in androids multitask window (killing "remote launcher" every time from Tasker before running an action doesn’t work either) You have to manually remove "remote launcher" from multitask window by swiping it away and then press the Tasker "app" button which launches 3 actions. If I don’t swipe it away it only takes you to the home of "remote launcher" (where all your actions are) and does nothing!

Hope you understand the problem, this is annoying as I use it quite often. The simplest solution is if there were an actual Tasker plugin. Any idea how to solve it otherwise?
Thanks a lot

//Vibes
(2013-01-23, 14:44)Vibes Wrote: Thanks for an awesome app man, I have used it everyday for almost half a year Smile
I have a request though, is it all possible to make a Tasker plugin please? I know u can solve it via intents in Tasker as you (probably) described here:

I've created an "app" in Tasker in which if I press the app button it tries to launch 3 "remote launcher" actions (intents) with 2 seconds delay in-between: i.e. 1: Kill XBMC, 2: Change video output, 3: Shutdown PC. All this with one click.

That works totally fine but ONLY if "remote launcher" isn't running in the background, by background I mean if the app shows up in androids multitask window (killing "remote launcher" every time from Tasker before running an action doesn’t work either) You have to manually remove "remote launcher" from multitask window by swiping it away and then press the Tasker "app" button which launches 3 actions. If I don’t swipe it away it only takes you to the home of "remote launcher" (where all your actions are) and does nothing!

Hope you understand the problem, this is annoying as I use it quite often. The simplest solution is if there were an actual Tasker plugin. Any idea how to solve it otherwise?
Thanks a lot

//Vibes

Ok, that's quite strange. Maybe my intents-implementation is faulty somehow. I'll have to look into that. Should probably work without creating a plugin (even though a plugin would probably be nicer).
I do have quite a few items on the TODO-list now and not that much time available so it could take a while before I get around to it I'm afraid...

Meanwhile, you could try this:
- create a batch file (or shell script) with the three commands you want to execute with a delay in between (in linux use "sleep 2" and in windows "timeout 2")
- create a launcher in Remote Launcher Server that launches the script
- create a shortcut on your home screen to that launcher

This way you'll still have a one-click solution to do the three tasks you want.

Hope that helps and thanks for the positive feedback!
(2013-01-23, 15:45)owtroid Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 14:44)Vibes Wrote: Thanks for an awesome app man, I have used it everyday for almost half a year Smile

Thanks a lot

//Vibes

Ok, that's quite strange. Maybe my intents-implementation is faulty somehow. I'll have to look into that. Should probably work without creating a plugin (even though a plugin would probably be nicer).
I do have quite a few items on the TODO-list now and not that much time available so it could take a while before I get around to it I'm afraid...

- create a batch file (or shell script) with the three commands you want to execute with a delay in between (in linux use "sleep 2" and in windows "timeout 2")

Thanks for the quick reply. Not to be lazy or anything but I have googled "how to create batch file" and that seems some unnecesary complication! Isn't there any way to do this in remote launcher advanced mode?
Here's how it looks and the commands i want to combine into one with 2 seconds delay between each:

Expand
Dual Monitor
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\Macros\Expand.exe

Optical Output
Sound Optical Output
C:\Users\xxx\Downloads\Macros\SSD.exe 5

Start XBMC
XBMC Media Center
C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\XBMC.exe

Is it possible to do this inside the remote launcher server on PC?

Edit: Damn.. it wont matter if you manage to combine those onto one command! I just checked, If the "remote launcher" app is in the background (shows up in the multitask wondow) you can't even launch a single action via Tasker (using load app then in data start:xxx). It just brings the "remote launcher" app up and does nothing. But it works if u swipe "remote launcher" away from multitask as i said before :/ As far as i know there arent any way to move an app from multitask window through Tasker!
(2013-01-23, 19:09)Vibes Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 15:45)owtroid Wrote:

Thanks a lot

//Vibes

Thanks for the quick reply. Not to be lazy or anything but I have googled "how to create batch file" and that seems some unnecesary complication! Isn't there any way to do this in remote launcher advanced mode?
Here's how it looks and the commands i want to combine into one with 2 seconds delay between each:

Expand
Dual Monitor

Optical Output
Sound Optical Output

Start XBMC
XBMC Media Center

Edit: Damn.. it wont matter if you manage to combine those onto one command! I just checked, If the "remote launcher" app is in the background (shows up in the multitask wondow) you can't even launch a single action via Tasker (using load app then in data start:xxx). It just brings the "remote launcher" app up and does nothing. But it works if u swipe "remote launcher" away from multitask as i said before :/ As far as i know there arent any way to move an app from multitask window through Tasker!

I meant that you would create a Remote Launcher shortcut on your homescreen for the new launcher and not use tasker at all. Depending on which version of Android you're using, you either create shortcuts by long pressing the home screen and selecting "Add shortcut" or go to the widgets in the launcher and find it there.

It's a bit puzzling that you see this behavior. Would you mind creating a shortcut as described above to any launcher and see if the shortcut behaves the same way as your tasker app? The shortcuts work essentially the same way by firing off an intent so it would be interesting to see if that is working as expected for you.

Unfortunately there is now way to combine commands in remote launcher server as of now. Shouldn't be too hard to implement though...
(2013-01-24, 08:49)owtroid Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 19:09)Vibes Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 15:45)owtroid Wrote: Ok, that's quite strange. Maybe my intents-implementation is faulty somehow. I'll have to look into that. Should probably work without creating a plugin (even though a plugin would probably be nicer).

Expand
Dual Monitor

Optical Output
Sound Optical Output

Start XBMC
XBMC Media Center

I meant that you would create a Remote Launcher shortcut on your homescreen for the new launcher and not use tasker at all. Depending on which version of Android you're using, you either create shortcuts by long pressing the home screen and selecting "Add shortcut" or go to the widgets in the launcher and find it there.

It's a bit puzzling that you see this behavior. Would you mind creating a shortcut as described above to any launcher and see if the shortcut behaves the same way as your tasker app? The shortcuts work essentially the same way by firing off an intent so it would be interesting to see if that is working as expected for you.

Unfortunately there is now way to combine commands in remote launcher server as of now. Shouldn't be too hard to implement though...

Im sorry but I forgot to mention if I create a shortcut and place it on the homescreen it works everytime no matter what, even if "remote launcher" running in the background. Your app is awesome, the problem is with Tasker.
Well, the thing is when i click on that Tasker "app" button, along with the "remote launcher" tasks it also turns on my TV, dims several lights, turns on some LEDs, turns on my sound system and brings up XBMC remote on my android! So it has to go via Tasker. If it only were those 3 "remote launcher" tasks i wouldnt mind clicking on 3 shortcuts on homescreen.

I haven't found any but do u know if there is a way to make Tasker run a shortcut placed on homescreen? That will probably solve the problem since the shortcuts works! Smile

Ps: Är du svensk? Wink
(2013-01-24, 12:30)Vibes Wrote:
(2013-01-24, 08:49)owtroid Wrote:
(2013-01-23, 19:09)Vibes Wrote: Thanks for the quick reply. Not to be lazy or anything but I have googled "how to create batch file" and that seems some unnecesary complication! Isn't there any way to do this in remote launcher advanced mode?

Expand
Dual Monitor

Optical Output
Sound Optical Output

Start XBMC
XBMC Media Center

Im sorry but I forgot to mention if I create a shortcut and place it on the homescreen it works everytime no matter what, even if "remote launcher" running in the background. Your app is awesome, the problem is with Tasker.
Well, the thing is when i click on that Tasker "app" button, along with the "remote launcher" tasks it also turns on my TV, dims several lights, turns on some LEDs, turns on my sound system and brings up XBMC remote on my android! So it has to go via Tasker. If it only were those 3 "remote launcher" tasks i wouldnt mind clicking on 3 shortcuts on homescreen.

I haven't found any but do u know if there is a way to make Tasker run a shortcut placed on homescreen? That will probably solve the problem since the shortcuts works! Smile

Ps: Är du svensk? Wink

Ah, I see, sounds like a nice setup =)

I'm not sure about Tasker but I know Llama can use shortcuts directly. But you probably can't do all that you need in Llama. I'll install Tasker again as soon as I get some time and I'll see if I can possibly fix it.

And by the way, visst är jag svensk! Wink
(2013-01-25, 10:39)owtroid Wrote: Ah, I see, sounds like a nice setup =)

I'm not sure about Tasker but I know Llama can use shortcuts directly. But you probably can't do all that you need in Llama. I'll install Tasker again as soon as I get some time and I'll see if I can possibly fix it.

And by the way, visst är jag svensk! Wink

Thanks, can be done easily by Tellstick! Yea Llama can probably use shortcuts but as u said it doesn't have the other functions! That would be really awesome if u could figure out a way to make "remote launcher" work properly with Tasker Nod
Bra jobbat Smile
U might wanna add the standby command for windows 7. It's working fine ! Thank you so much. now i never have to leave the couch Smile
Code:
standby
standby
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby
(2013-01-31, 23:18)BadabingNL Wrote: U might wanna add the standby command for windows 7. It's working fine ! Thank you so much. now i never have to leave the couch Smile
Code:
standby
standby
rundll32.exe powrprof.dll,SetSuspendState Standby

Great, thanks! I've added it to the wiki to begin with.
Hi! This looks like a great app, thanks for your hard work.

I am having some trouble though - I am a beginner at this so please forgive my lack of knowledge. This may be a super simple problem to solve, but I'm on a Mac and everyone here seems to be mostly on windows.

I have installed the server, and the shutdown and reboot options work great. Wehn I first started the server, I input a password and added the Start and Kill XBMC options, but neither work. However, whenever I start the server, the GUI never comes up so I can't select change the options through that and when I've tried putting the correct path in to the xbmc app in the config text file it never works either.

I've tried:

Start XBMC
Start XBMC media center
/Applications/XBMC.app

XBMC
Start XBMC media center
/usr/bin/xbmc

I noticed there wasn't an alias to xbmc in my usr/bin/ folder so I made one, but that didn't help either...

Any help would be most appreciated!
(2013-03-29, 13:44)luvaluvaful Wrote: Hi! This looks like a great app, thanks for your hard work.

I am having some trouble though - I am a beginner at this so please forgive my lack of knowledge. This may be a super simple problem to solve, but I'm on a Mac and everyone here seems to be mostly on windows.

I have installed the server, and the shutdown and reboot options work great. Wehn I first started the server, I input a password and added the Start and Kill XBMC options, but neither work. However, whenever I start the server, the GUI never comes up so I can't select change the options through that and when I've tried putting the correct path in to the xbmc app in the config text file it never works either.

I've tried:

Start XBMC
Start XBMC media center
/Applications/XBMC.app

XBMC
Start XBMC media center
/usr/bin/xbmc

I noticed there wasn't an alias to xbmc in my usr/bin/ folder so I made one, but that didn't help either...

Any help would be most appreciated!

Yeah, Apple seems to have gone their own way when it comes to Java so the system tray function of Remote Launcher doesn't seem to integrate at all with OSX. Unfortunately I don't have acces to a Mac so I can't test it out to try and fix it...

However, for starting *.app files in OSX I think you need to prefix the command with "open" i.e.:
Start XBMC
Start XBMC media center
open /Applications/XBMC.app

I'm not entirely sure that works but please try it and let me know.
You are a genius. Worked perfectly. Any idea with the kill function?

Also just an idea but maybe it would be great to have some kind of command 'library' where people could submit functions that they have made so people like me can just do a simple copy and paste job? Would be pretty helpful!

Thanks!
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1