• 8(current)
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device
(2012-03-21, 10:00)owtroid Wrote:
(2012-03-21, 00:52)Buggy Wrote: Works great, thanks!

Advanced mode is still trying to read from the old location, but the main functionality is there and it's not making my drive messy any more.

If I hadn't already bought a copy, I'd be doing it now =)

Oops, forgot about that... I'll change that too before making a proper release!

Thanks for the help and positive feedback, it is much appreciated! Smile

Ok, now that should be fixed as well:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/remotela...e/download
sorry, is there a way to have the apk of the free version, my device have not the android market.
tk peppe
(2012-03-31, 17:21)peppe_sr Wrote: sorry, is there a way to have the apk of the free version, my device have not the android market.
tk peppe

Yes, of course! You can get it from here:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/remotela...k/download
Yet tried but i have some issues shutting down my pc. Some application freez and i have to shut them. I have to test it better.
Peppe
(2012-03-31, 19:21)peppe_sr Wrote: Yet tried but i have some issues shutting down my pc. Some application freez and i have to shut them. I have to test it better.
Peppe

Did you get it working? If you have applications open that require some user action before closing (e.g. saving a file) then the shutdown command won't finish until the user has selected what to do.

If you want, you can add the "-f" switch to the shutdown command. That will force all applications to exit even if they have unsaved changes.
thank you, before shutting down my system say that a java software is running, i think is the server part of your software i have not other java application i have installed the java runtime to run your software.
i'll use the -f to force the shoutdown.
peppe
(2012-04-02, 10:49)peppe_sr Wrote: thank you, before shutting down my system say that a java software is running, i think is the server part of your software i have not other java application i have installed the java runtime to run your software.
i'll use the -f to force the shoutdown.
peppe

Sorry for not replying sooner. Did you get it working?

I have not seen the issue you mention myself. Is the Remote Launcher icon still visible in the system tray?
Hi _ I seem to be having difficulty running the launcher server on ubuntu 11.10 using the 0.2.11.tar.gz installer.

Just keep getting the below when ever I load up the client on the Andriod.

nelly@Nelly:~$ remote-launcher-server -d
Using log file /home/nelly/remotelauncherserverlog
Using config file /home/nelly/.remotelauncherserver
Waiting for client to connect on port 4444
Client connected from /192.168.2.9
Invalid launcher id received: 3
Client disconnected
Waiting for client to connect
Client timed out
^CRecevied shutdown event. Exiting.

Any Ideas what may be causing the issue here?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks
(2012-04-22, 22:31)nelly17 Wrote: Hi _ I seem to be having difficulty running the launcher server on ubuntu 11.10 using the 0.2.11.tar.gz installer.

Just keep getting the below when ever I load up the client on the Andriod.

nelly@Nelly:~$ remote-launcher-server -d
Using log file /home/nelly/remotelauncherserverlog
Using config file /home/nelly/.remotelauncherserver
Waiting for client to connect on port 4444
Client disconnected
Client timed out
^CRecevied shutdown event. Exiting.

Any Ideas what may be causing the issue here?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Hmm I think I've heard about this before. That time the user did a reinstall and the issue went away I think. So I never looked into it. Could you please send me your config etc so that I can see if I see anything there? You can send it to:
contact (at) owtroid dot com

Btw, is this happening when starting a launcher from within the app or are you using a shortcut/widget (or other form of android intent, e.g. via tasker)?
Hey Thanks for coming back to me - no the point specifically when I get the "Invalid launcher id received: 3" message is when I hit connect on the android app on the phone - it comes in straight away so it is live.

I'll dig out those details to send on to you.

Cheers Nelly
I have a windows 7 pc that is connecting wireless to my home network. Can I use this app to wake it up or launch/restart xbmc wtih the android app? The pc is not connected via Lan.
Nvidia Shield with Kodi 18
(2012-04-23, 22:15)rflores2323 Wrote: I have a windows 7 pc that is connecting wireless to my home network. Can I use this app to wake it up or launch/restart xbmc wtih the android app? The pc is not connected via Lan.

Hi!

I'm terribly sorry for not getting back to you sooner, I must have missed the notification mail or something. My apologies.

If you can use the wake on lan feature depends on your pc. Wake on lan usually won't work with wireless cards, although there are some variants that does support it (or something similar).

Once the PC is booted though, you can definately use Remote Launcher to start xbmc on it.

Again, I'm sorry for missing your message and maybe you've already found another solution now.
I just started using remote launcher specifically for managing Plex on my HTPC and my Plex server. My original concern was the WOL function, as the help documents didn't describe the format of the MAC address. It took me a while to try the hyphenated format... You could show an example or make the app figure it out.

I do have one other suggestion. When you make widgets or shortcuts of launchers, can you specify which server it will run against instead of the one it happens to be connected to?

Also some more tasker examples might be nice, specifically with regards to tasker scenes and intents.
(2012-07-09, 12:38)Radimus Wrote: I just started using remote launcher specifically for managing Plex on my HTPC and my Plex server. My original concern was the WOL function, as the help documents didn't describe the format of the MAC address. It took me a while to try the hyphenated format... You could show an example or make the app figure it out.

I do have one other suggestion. When you make widgets or shortcuts of launchers, can you specify which server it will run against instead of the one it happens to be connected to?

Also some more tasker examples might be nice, specifically with regards to tasker scenes and intents.

I agree, the documentation is not very detailed and can be improved alot... Both in regards to configuration and tasker examples. Do you have any suggestions on what you'd like to see for Tasker examples?

Specifying the server in the widgets/shortcuts configuration is on the todo list... It has been requested a couple of times and when I get some time, that is one of the things I will definately start with. Thanks for the suggestion!
Well, specifically I'd like to workaround the shortcut issues of the app opening, sending the command and closing.

Tasker can perform intents, so what I'd like to be able to do is create a Tasker scene that is in effect a "remote control" for Plex or whatever, where the commands are sent via intents (hopefully that suppresses the opening and closing of the remote launcher app)

So If you could make or show a basic scene that shows how 1 intent looks like in tasker, the creative people can carry forward with improving it Smile

I also noticed that the PC server app will popup configuration message if a different user account logs into the same system. So you might want to see if there is a way for it to look for a config file or something.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Remote Launcher - start XBMC/Kodi remotely from your Android device1