Private content server for XBMC?
I want to create a private web content server . I have toyed with Tonido, however I do not see that as a potential source for what I want.

I would like to have my content available over the internet, perhaps via SFTP(?) and password protected

I would be satisfied if the content was simply listed like on Ted.TV for example or most any other XBMC plug in.

Are there any open source solutions that might run on Linux?

Would be nice if it could convert videos for optimum streaming as well.

Thanks
I tried XBMSP with XBMS and ound it to be painfully slow on a VPS server with 2048 MB or RAM (effectively one fourth on an 8 CPU core host, in a data center)

I tried some downloaded FLVS and MP4s. (These are all videos I have streamed to android and iphone without transcoding, with excellent results. ) and using XBMS they were choppy and paused every 15 seconds.

I tested these on Windows Mac and Linux current versions of XBMC , and am convinced that on Windows 7 the XBMS protocol is broken and crashes before it adds the server.

On linux, XBMC became sluggish after playing an XBMSP stream.

OS X 10.5 seemed to behave the best and at least once i watched 40% of a test video normally. Later however I had pauses every 15 seconds on the same stream
Subsonic and the subsonic plugin for xbmc?

I've use subsonic but haven't tried the plugin yet.

All your content available anywhere. Subsonic currently doesn't separate videos from music which is a bit of a pain but video support was just added not too long ago so I assume it is going to improve.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Private content server for XBMC?0