movie renamer & mover ....
Hi guy,

i'm looking for a program that can do all these things for me:
- auto directorie scanning (watch one particular folder)
- rename movies.
- auto move it to another directorie.

i have searcht the forum and came up with alot of different programs that all do cind of the same.
i'm looking for a simpel program that can run in the background without user needing interaction to do his job.
thanks in advance.
Hello,

Off the top of my head, I think that "Couch Potato" can do what you need. There are other things that you could do as well. For instance, you could use "TheRenamer" in Movie mode and "EventGhost" together. Use "EventGhost" to monitor your folder. When it detects a change in the folder, it will trigger "TheRenamer" which will then rename, move and put the movie in it's own folder.

There are probably other things you could do ro get where you want to go.

Mark
thanks for the quick reply, i'm going to look into couch potato right now.
Couch potato isn't doing what i wand it to do..... (automatic scanning)
For my series i use tv rename and i'm actualy searching for something similar.
Dedicated to only doing folder monitoring, renaming, relocating and deleting old file.
http://www.therenamer.com
i already tryd therenamer but it doesn't automaticaly scan folders for you ....
so not realy an option for me.
Use it in combination with eventghost, Also ideally you will need to set up labels in your utorrent (if thats what you use).

Heres an old article that will help you set it up

http://lifehacker.com/#!5475649/set-up-a...dia-center

I made a tweaked version of that in my eventghost, if you want the config, just throw me a pm with your email and I can email you the file
Couchpotato will scan the folder and place your movie where it belongs as well as scrape all the good stuff for you, if you have it set up correctly.
This is what I use. You didn't really spend too much time with it. I would give it another chance if I were you.

Mark
It might help if you say what your using to download as most mover renamers can be run from command line executed by your client when the download is finished assuming you just don't use Couch potato
Current HTPC Lian-Li PC-C37 • Gigabyte GA-E7AUM-DS2H • Intel C2D E8400 E0 Stepping • OCZ Vertex SSD • 4GB Corsair TwinX XMS2 DDR2 • Corsair HX650W Modular PSU (Free Upgrade) • LG CH08LS10 Blu-Ray Drive • Scythe Big Shuriken • Acousti DustPROOF 70mm Fan
Just use therenamer and setup a task. I have it set to run at 6am every morning so when I play with my machine I see what it did over night and walla its all waiting for me. Renamed sitting in the folder structure I want it in.
Flexget should work for you!
I have installed couch potato again and gave it some time to start working.
and it dit, but now 1 day later it has destroyd most of my movie collection Sad
for some reason couch potato renamed a big part of my movies to "death download"
does some one know why couch potato does this ?
Wow!

Never heard of that happening before. Nothing like that happened to my movie collection. Anyway, I would advise you to ask about your problem in the Couch Potato thread. There's bound to be someone there that can help you.

Maybe you set your fetch directory to the directory where you store your movies. I would check your settings in CP.

Mark

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
movie renamer & mover ....0