Customizing XBMC
Being new to Linux, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how things are done as opposed to the DOS format. I want to create an advancedsettings.xml file to make XBMC ignore bookmarks (already successful in Windows), but I can't figure out where to store the file in my Linux box so XBMC can read it. Where can I find the folder (or at least, how can I find out the folder).

Thanks.
Smagyarown Wrote:Being new to Linux, I'm still trying to wrap my mind around how things are done as opposed to the DOS format. I want to create an advancedsettings.xml file to make XBMC ignore bookmarks (already successful in Windows), but I can't figure out where to store the file in my Linux box so XBMC can read it. Where can I find the folder (or at least, how can I find out the folder).

Thanks.

the file needs to go in the following path:

Code:
~/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml

Jim
I am not sure why on Linux, the advancedsettings.xml file does not seem to work. I saved the file on the location you suggested and nothing happened. I also saved it under USR/SHARE/XBMC/USERDATA just in case but still no results. I did this exact same fix under windows (same xml file) and it worked. I am trying to get XBMC to read my video_TS files under TV. I saw a similar post with the exact same issue: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...t=video_ts
I use Hubuntu 10.10 and XBMX 10.1

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Customizing XBMC0