Slow Playback
Hi,
I just decided to re-use an old computer as a Media Center.
After installing XBMC, everything ran fine, but suddenly, playback of certain video became slower than normal speed.

The problem happens when playing local Xvid .avi files and while streaming movies from Icefilms.info (which are mostly Xvid .avi too). I do not experience stutter or glitches, the playback is just slower than normal speed with the sound synced but distorted (as if playing at slower speed). This problem does not appear when I play the same files in VLC or mplayer, and I can stream from Icefilm's website without problem. All Flash based streams are fine too.

Is this a known issue? I couldn't find much about this behavior.

The system is a Pentium 4 3Ghz with HT on, 2Gb RAM, Intel Graphics, M-Audio Fast Track Pro USB as sound card. The O.S. is Ubuntu Server 10.10 with Openbox as WM. XBMC was installed on March 9 2011 from the ppa. It tells me Git:Unknown instead of a SVN revision.

Here is the log link: http://pastebin.com/Ehh2DPYs

Thank you for your help.
Anyone?
I figured out how to use an external player, so I will use VLC for the local files. That works just fine.

But the problem still remains for the Icefilms Addon. Can anyone tell me if it's possible to use an external player with Icefilms streams without having to download locally prior to watching the videos?

Ideally, I'd love to stream with the Icefilms addon in vlc, but keep using the default player for all flash based streamings. Is that possible?

Thanks!
After trying a bunch of things,

I think I've narrowed down the problem to ffmpeg. For some reason, playing the same file with ffplay gives me the slower than normal playback, but when I use MPlayer, everything is fine.

Does anyone know if there is a known issue with ffmpeg and mp3 encoded sound in avi files?
Code:
WARNING: CALSADirectSound::CALSADirectSound - requested samplerate (48000) not supported by hardware, using 44100 instead
That's the problem, it's strange though, I thought all soundcards support 48 kHz for at least a decade.
Try setting the audio device to plug:default in XBMC.
Thanks,

I tried it, but it Failed to initialize sound device when I play the video.

I know there is a patch to get the full functionality of the Fast Track Pro device, I'm compiling a kernel right now to see if that fixes it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Slow Playback0