[LIVE] Virtual Screen Too Large
Hi,

When using my Yamaha receiver as a pass-through between XBMC and my TV, the XBMC screen is larger than the viewable area. When doing my initial testing, putting straight to TV was OK. When playing videos, viewable area is fine.

I was thinking about playing around with xorg configs, but I think the solution is easier than that. Is it as easy as using the video calibration tools in XBMC to adjust the screen size? I am using nVidia 210 video card to pass audio and video.

I'm sure that there must be a posting on this, but I could not find it with my search terms. Not a major issue since I've been using it like this for quite some time, but I would like to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Any help here?
polkaroo Wrote:Hi,

Is it as easy as using the video calibration tools in XBMC to adjust the screen size?

Did you try?
FishOil Wrote:Did you try?

I didn't want to play around with that since the screen is fine when I watch movies and I believe that everything is OK if I do not go through the receiver. Wondering if I need to do something with the receiver or in xbmc.
I was doing some reading. I believe that I need to make some changes in my X11 settings in order to have the correct screen resolution settings. Am I going down the right path?
I can say that, for me, I've actually always had better luck and better video quality simply letting the computer output actually 1280x720, and fixing the overscan with XBMC's calibration. (My TV doesn't fix overscan either.)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[LIVE] Virtual Screen Too Large0